Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi ya,
I'm a new user who hopes to solve the issue with his focus.
It is a very random problem which makes things more difficult.
While I am driving, it looks like the car loses power or misfire (I don't know which is the technical term). It happens for a length of time which is no more then half second-one second and then it goes fine again.
I brought the car to a garage on which they have thought that it could have been an issue with the petrol filter so, they have used a cleaner twice and they have also reseat a few things, as they have told me. They have also ran the scanner twice for any error, but nothing came up. I have brought the car there twice and on both occasions the car is ok for a few days.
One more thing, on average, this issue happens 3-4 times on a trip of 30 minutes circa.

Have you ever heard or seen something like that before?

Hope to hear from somebody asap, many thanks.

·
Registered
25,627 Posts
I would change the fuel filter and the plugs if that hasn't been done yet. At least pull a plug and have a look, could also be old plug wires.

Our cars are famous for gunking up the fuel filter, change it out.

·
my car breaks!
2,103 Posts
you havea 2.0 zetec studder it's very common.

i don't even have to ask if you have a zetec, because i already know you do ;)

search the forum for zetec studder. there's a bunch of things it could be.

you may need a DPFE, your MAF could be dirty. you may have a vacuum leak. there's lots of things to check. my 2002 does this but it's never caused a problem so i don't worry about it.

·
my car breaks!
2,103 Posts
the VIN can be found on the driver side of the windsheild, look at the bottom of the windsheild, you'll see a cut out in the black part where there's a bunch of numbers... thats what it is. either way you have the zetec studder.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts