Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a DOHC Zetec and lately if I'm putting my car into right hand curves hard, (like a highway on-ramp), my car just bogs out. It just loses power completely. Its not electrical, I have a voltmeter and its always at 100%. The first few times it happened, I was low on gas, so I figured that the fuel tanks pick up is on the passengers side and I just starved the car for fuel. But it just keeps happening, no matter how much fuel I have.

What's wrong??

·
Banned
7,946 Posts
when i make hard rights like you described, my BRAKE light comes on. i dont feel any bog though. inertia is definetly taking a toll on something. leaning out your right side?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Your fuel pump is on its way out.

As it turns out, there's an outstanding recall on them for your year of car. Do a quick search, and you'll find all the info you need. Warranty on the pump was extended to 10 years.

·
Registered
82 Posts
scrammer said:
when i make hard rights like you described, my BRAKE light comes on. i dont feel any bog though. inertia is definetly taking a toll on something. leaning out your right side?
First thing would be to check your brake fluid resevoir. I used to have that happen on my 4x4 whenever the brake fluid was low.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
fuel pump def. i had the same thing. when u make a sharp right turn it cuts out.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
^^LOL, I agree with the others. Your Fuel pump is probably on the way out. Same thing happened on my '00. Scared the crap out of me too when it happened.

·
Registered
73 Posts
i checked for recalls ( i have an 01 also, and it is acting starved for fuel) and i couldn't find anything. my local ford dealer hadn't heard anything either. where can i find that info?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I had a 2001 with same problem and had the "new design" fuel pump replaced at no charge. Car ran fine after that.

I've seen bought a new 2006 and it's a big change from the SPI on the 2001 to the 2006 Duratec.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Fuel pump for the win.

My 2001 wasn't listed in the "recall" either but it did the same thing.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
My car has lost a lot of power in the past few weeks. I haven't had time to take my car in to get the fuel pump fixed, so the bum stocker is still in there. When I'm just driving around, not taking hard corners, the car just seems to have no power. Could the bad pump be causing that?

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
My suggestion would be to go get your fuel pump replaced before you end up stranded on the side of the road. It takes about 4 hours, if that, I believe to complete the work. Make sure they replace the fuel filter too or do it yourself if they try to charge you for that service.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts