Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have tracked the issue down to a loose starter solenoid connection. My problem now is I can not see the where the wire plugs/bolts into the solenoid so I can tighten it. I assume it is tighten-able?
Does anyone have a picture or perhaps a better way to get to the starter solenoid other than under the car? A picture of the solenoid off the car would be of the most help.

·
Focus Hoarder
3,633 Posts
Edited because of wrong information

I'm unsure how its situated on your car I do know when I got lazy I just removed my whole intake from the engine but mines a Zetec your setup is reversed and im unsure how the backside of the engine looks, how everything is installed/sitting

I'm sure someone with an SVT will pop in and post on this.. :( I really need to read what kind of engine you guys have before I offer my assistance

ok Im really loosing my marbles this evening (tired)

I was correct, remove your full intake out (Pipe, TB and Intake Manifold.. right below all that is your starter

·
Registered
152 Posts
The starter is more accessable from above the car. Removal of the air box and inlet pipe will allow the starter to be seen from above. The solenoid is mounted on the starter. The connections are to the rear.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Feral and hontoir. I knew where the starter was located, I was just hoping to avoid the time/hassle of removing the whole intake assembly. I would inevitably lose a bolt or an important part.

The car started after I moved/giggled the large wire going to the solenoid. I will take the intake assembly out tomorrow morning, at least I don't have to be any where for a few more days.

Happy New Year btw!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts