heres a shot of my ugly sun damaged stock lights with the new and improved :D

and installed

thanks for looking
i'll try to get sum night shots tonight

EDIT: NIGHT SHOTS

Halos and LEDS

Light through of 6000k HIDs

Front view

QUESTION: i installed my HIDs and every thing went fine. had a few hiccups but got most of them worked out..my prblem is that they dont liek to come on right away, i gotta turn my car off a few times and back on for the LEFT one to finally come on. in order for the RIGHT one to come i have to pop the hood disconnect the power from the ballast and reconecct it and it fires up right away...what would cause this??? i dont wanna do this every time its a pain already annoying

·
Registered
900 Posts
i have the same lights and love them...fyi though if you want to put HID's in them you can the cut off line will be fine but it might not illuminate the road very well...you might have some dark spots...but it's different from headlight to headlight.

·
Premium Member
1,653 Posts
Mach-a-likes! Yep, they look good, but do adjust them. A friend of mine had a pair and, unadjusted, they were a bit scary.

·
Freeskiing Fanatic!
5,455 Posts
looks good man. my friend just got his headlights like that installed

·
Drunkinmonkey
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks for the comment guys..i have a problem tho i dont know how to hook the 2 side lights up ...i got the halos and the leds hooked up... i want the bottom of the corner lights to be the blinker and i dunno what to make the top one yet?????...how do i wire the bottom lights up to make them blinkers???any way i can do it to the bumper??? if so what colour wire to what colour lol

·
Registered
9,476 Posts
nice....they always look nice.......

anyone remembe the thread on these when they FIRST came out on eBay?? GOD it was a long one. They are good lights as far as I heard, especially for the price!

·
Premium Member
7,348 Posts
thanks for the comment guys..i have a problem tho i dont know how to hook the 2 side lights up ...i got the halos and the leds hooked up... i want the bottom of the corner lights to be the blinker and i dunno what to make the top one yet?????...how do i wire the bottom lights up to make them blinkers???any way i can do it to the bumper??? if so what colour wire to what colour lol
Pick up a Haynes manual and look at the wiring diagrams. You hook the turn signal in the headlight up to the turn signal wire coming out of the back of your grill lights, and the top light is your running light (comes on when you turn the headlight switch one position to the right). Hook that up also to the running light wire coming out of the back of your grill lights. Make sure to hook both grounds up for the running lights and turn signals to the black wire in the back of your grill lights.

·
Banned
1,671 Posts
they look good man
edit: ^ grrrrr you beat me to it lol
to hook up the blinker and running lights you have to chop (or at least splice into) the wires at your grille and (you'll need to buy new/more wire to do this) run them over to the headlight and splice them in. The running lights are the wire in the middle(I would hook your halos up to this, especially if you did the foglight mod and drive with just your fogs on a lot because it would make the halos light up with the fogs), and the outside wires are the blinker and the ground but I don't know which one's on which side (but I think the ground wire is all black). Good luck with it, and since you will have blinkers in the headlight housings it'd be a good excuse to get a Euro grille [thumb]

edit again: I just left the ground wire chillin there when I hooked up my ST170s...the ground for the headlights was enough (although I used the VW harnesses and spliced it all together) I'd say run the ground over too and hook it into the ground for the headlights to be safe)

·
Premium Member
7,348 Posts
I didn't tell him what wires were which because when I asked for help on which wires to hook up to, they were different than what mine were. But yes, you're correct. All grounds are the black wire.

·
Drunkinmonkey
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
thanks guys:D

just ran out and purchased 6000k HIDs ima through them in right now

EDIT: where do you guys have your HID ballists located??? theres no good spots

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.