Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Agreed...build my car, I will appreciate, thank you...and if I meet any who built my car I will buy you a beer, or wine...[cheers]

...then go on strike.

Bad?

·
Registered
459 Posts
It talks about Chicago, the Focuses are built in Detroit aren't they? The Focus doesn't appear to be one of the cars they have listed.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The UAW executives came to an agreement with Ford, but it needs to be ratified by the membership. While the plant that voted isn't the Focus plant, I believe that all plants will vote and if it fails, they all strike.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Agreed...build my car, I will appreciate, thank you...and if I meet any who built my car I will buy you a beer, or wine...[cheers]

...then go on strike.

Bad?
Problem is that until an agreement is made, since some are disgruntled about the terms, the build quality will be crap.

Not that it's been the best before. Mine had the misaligned doors, missing bump stops on the trunk lid, and some paint defects.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Damn, I had totally forgotten about this - and I just ordered my Focus yesterday [:(]

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
Ford gave some upper managment exec's BIG bonuses and pay increases. So with that, the mantra of Ford can't afford pay raises get tired.
Execs get way to much anyway.
I am behind Ford rank and file workers 100%.
One reason I bought my 2012 Focus is it is being built in the USA.
My last Ford was built in USA.

·
Registered
163 Posts
And Ford being the only member of the Big Three that didn't restructure under bankruptcy, has the only workforce of the three that has the ability to strike.

Seems rather twisted and backwards to me, but there you go.

·
Titular Wit Here
5,205 Posts
I know I'm not a Mk. III owner, but I saw this thread amongst the other new ones and had to comment. Did you see the link posted by a commenter on Autoblog? The video showing the overtime abuse of two union leaders? This is what disgusts me about the average American worker. Everyone seems to have a sense of entitlement, that somehow the company owes them and it's right to steal (in this case by claiming overtime fraudulently). I'm not a union worker as one might be able to surmise from my comments, and the whole union system is appalling to me. The union might have served a good purpose once upon a time, but I fail to see the point of it now. The whole thing is a greedy, corrupt mess. Good luck getting your new Focus, if you get one I hope it was assembled by people who were neither drunk nor high. [dunno]

·
Registered
277 Posts
Ford gave some upper managment exec's BIG bonuses and pay increases. So with that, the mantra of Ford can't afford pay raises get tired.
Execs get way to much anyway.
I am behind Ford rank and file workers 100%.
One reason I bought my 2012 Focus is it is being built in the USA.
My last Ford was built in USA.
Mulally made some downright ludicrous amounts of money last year. He's far and away the highest-paid auto executive in the world.

·
Titular Wit Here
5,205 Posts
I'm not going to win any friends here, but I think we all know CEO's are overpaid. Their argument in favor of the high pay is the relative scarcity of anyone capable of commanding a company. Supposedly the result of this scarcity is a bidding war among companies to get the best prospect. I find it ludicrous. But I also find it ludicrous that on the other end, the unskilled laborer expects to be as well-compensated as someone who undertook the effort to either get an education or learn a skilled trade. [dunno]

·
Registered
277 Posts
I'm not going to win any friends here, but I think we all know CEO's are overpaid. Their argument in favor of the high pay is the relative scarcity of anyone capable of commanding a company. Supposedly the result of this scarcity is a bidding war among companies to get the best prospect. I find it ludicrous. But I also find it ludicrous that on the other end, the unskilled laborer expects to be as well-compensated as someone who undertook the effort to either get an education or learn a skilled trade. [dunno]
I don't think that's unreasonable at all. You're absolutely right, but it is interesting to examine the difference and justification for said difference.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
How about "make the ST, then go on strike". :p
Or, just cut the executive bonuses a bit this year, and give it to the people building your cars.

·
Registered
772 Posts
The pay of a CEO has nothing to do with how much a line worker should make in a factory. It's reality and how ALL businesses are structured and operated. It's a joke what is going on with the UAW.

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
Or, just cut the executive bonuses a bit this year, and give it to the people building your cars.
Oh God no! They might have to sell their 3rd vacation condo in the Bahamas. Or worse - cancel their 9 year old daughter's unlimited texting plan.

·
Titular Wit Here
5,205 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Oh God no! They might have to sell their 3rd vacation condo in the Bahamas. Or worse - cancel their 9 year old daughter's unlimited texting plan.
I don't see what a CEO having 49 houses in 48 different countries has to do with a union worker.

This attempt to align the two issues is simply a ploy by those people jealous over somebody else's pay and benefit. Then to focus on things like material goods in an effort to demand change is childish at best.

I simply don't understand why people get mad, jealous, angry, or envious at how much money somebody else makes.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts