Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Illegal Alien
4,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I go out for some coffee yesterday and as soon as i open my door ---> "CRUNCH" I get hit by another car [:(!] . Turns out this lady was driving way to close to my car and drove right into my door as i opened it. Police report says i'm at fault cause i opened my door with out looking if there were any cars coming! Guess they're right.

This happened around 7:30 p.m. Friday night, but i got done with all the police paper work around 9 or so. Luckely, i have a friend that owns a body shop, he's gonna charge me $ 1,100.00 dollars. I'm getting a new fender and door. Sorry for the picture quality,they're from my cell phone!

There goes my PowerWorks money!!!

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
that sucks man !

wut happaned, you just the door open and she hit it ?

·
Illegal Alien
4,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yup, it also didn't help that she was driving way to close to my car. We're trying to figure out if we can split the bill.

·
here and there
23,092 Posts
Ouch. Injured Foci make me sad. [:(]

Hope it all works out.

·
Registered
969 Posts
My car did that wihout needing an external influence such as being hit by another car. (the hinge snapped, door overextended (crunching door and fender). Look on eBay, you should be good as new for under $300. (assuming you do the labor yourself.

·
Illegal Alien
4,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, The body shop got me a new door and fender already! It might be less than the $ 1,100 dolars but i won't know till tuesday.

·
GO Green
11,148 Posts
yea well, if you can your suppose to put a good amount of distance between a parked car if your driving, and your suppose to slow down.....im sure she saw you, and if she didnt shes at fault too b/c she should be paying attention.

·
Registered
279 Posts
DrkKnight614 said:
yea well, if you can your suppose to put a good amount of distance between a parked car if your driving, and your suppose to slow down.....im sure she saw you, and if she didnt shes at fault too b/c she should be paying attention.
I have to agree with this. She should have been paying attention as well.

·
Illegal Alien
4,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for the advice. Looks like it's going to go 50/50. I'll post progress as it goes!

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
ouch real ouch yes post after pics so I feel beter

·
FF Veteran Goofball
5,741 Posts
ouch that sucks...

everyone please slow down when people are around and be careful when in the streets trying to get into or out of your car.

i agree on the 50/50 part.. glad it worked out for ya that way at least.

·
WhiteSTguy
5,390 Posts
yeah a little paint and bondo and it'll be just like brand new[;)]

kidding hope you get this fixed and get at least 50% of it covered by her. sucks to see this happen to any kind of car.

·
Illegal Alien
4,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the support guys! I'm so freaken anxious to see my car. Shop is closed for the weekend and i have towait till Tuesday (my day off), unless i can gett off work a bit early. My friend saidte car would be ready on wednesday. I'll try to take some pics.

·
Registered
104 Posts
oh i know how you feel, i did ALOT of damage to my poor foci, only thing it was mine and the slushy roads fault, got lucky, no cops,

$6k in damages, were fixing it up with a body kit and other goddys, ill post pics if it will amke yeah feel better :)

i agrea on the 50/50 deal hope everything goes well!

levi

·
Illegal Alien
4,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thanks Saber! Sure, post some pics if you can. I should be gettinga phone call from the shop today, so that i can go and pick it up.

·
Registered
104 Posts

bam there you go ( i hope this pick doesnt kill anyone)

everything broken has been removed..... and as you can tell theres alot of stuff missing *sigh* we unbend the frame soon, first we gotta tourch off the front bumber, we already have all the parts....

see your door wasnt so bad!!!! hope you get the phone call soon!

levi

·
Illegal Alien
4,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
WOW, how in the world did you get that! I think i feel way much better!!

Good luck with it. Thanks for the support!

·
Registered
104 Posts
yeah not a problem man!
and as for my cause? sluchy road and a tree. airbag didnt go off so im happy :p

hope she is as good as new when you get yours back!

levi

1 - 20 of 33 Posts