Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I installed my tweeters in my dash using the side window defroster's holes. It's a perfect fit and looks stock.

However, I still need to wire them up to the door speakers. I have both wires hanging next to the wiring harnesses on either side but I have NO IDEA which wires to splice the tweeters to.

On my old Focus, I put them inside the door panels and just spliced them with the speakers, but with this install they are on the dash so I would rather not have wires running between my door and the car itself.

In short: Which wires should I splice the tweeters to under the dash on the left and right sides? There are like... millions of them.

·
Registered
31 Posts
not the answer to your question, but how did you mount the tweeters into the defrost holes? did you cut the slats out of the insert and put the tweeter in there or something else? i've been wanting to do this

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
not the answer to your question, but how did you mount the tweeters into the defrost holes? did you cut the slats out of the insert and put the tweeter in there or something else? i've been wanting to do this
All I did was pop out the vents with my fingers, then sit the tweeter in the hole. It fit perfectly with no modding.

·
Registered
31 Posts
im guessing you couuld get a haynes manual that would tell you what color wires are pos and neg speaker wires.

did you get it figured out yet?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts