Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering whats the best way to slam my SVTF its a 02 With 31,000 on it. plz let me know your imput.

seth

·
Shiroi kabocha
1,974 Posts
if you want to keep the great handling of the svt i would recommend the h&r cup kit which will drop you another 1.5"-1.75" (svt is already 1" lower than the zx3). you could also go with coilovers if you have the money to.

if handling is not something that you are interested in than you may just want to put your svt on airbags. although do know that will have lost what in my opinion is the best part of the focus.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Not to mention it will probably rub like hell. But whatever tickles your pickle.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
H&R cup kit for sure. Get a nice drop and also great handling and wont sacrifice ride quality much at all.

·
Turbo!!!!
5,797 Posts
eibach makes a full kit that I hear good things about sportline-plus I belive is what its called, or just cut the spring until they rattle around the strut you'll get much props from the honda guys[joke]

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
You want to SLAM it?

Air baby. All about they air suspension... check out this months Focus of the Month June voting thread... and look at FocusonSound (or somthing like that).. he's got a SLAMMMMMED hatch....

·
Shiroi kabocha
1,974 Posts
witchcitySVT said:
eibach makes a full kit that I hear good things about sportline-plus I belive is what its called, or just cut the spring until they rattle around the strut you'll get much props from the honda guys[joke]
while the eibach is a good kit it doesnt drop as far as the cup kit and the h&r cup kit will allow MUCH better handling of the car through the all important corners. mmmm, corners.

·
Turbo!!!!
5,797 Posts
fallacious_focus said:
while the eibach is a good kit it doesnt drop as far as the cup kit and the h&r cup kit will allow MUCH better handling of the car through the all important corners. mmmm, corners.
The eibach kit comes with anti roll bars front and rear the cup kit does not ,but the cup kit does bring you lower.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Wish i would've done my research a little better before i just went and bought the sportlines, i would like it maybe half an inch lower.....

·
Shiroi kabocha
1,974 Posts
witchcitySVT said:
The eibach kit comes with anti roll bars front and rear the cup kit does not ,but the cup kit does bring you lower.
the full kit does, but that kit is usually about 700 and the h&r can be had for about 575-625 depending on where you get it from and how hard you look for a good deal. add a h&r 24mm rear sway bay (150) to that and you have a kit that will allow you to handle much better than the eibach and it will be reasonably close in price. also remember that the front sway bar is very difficult to replace so for many people that part of the eibach never makes it on the car.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts