Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the newest engine that can be put into my 2004 Ford Focus ZX3 2.3L? I am wanting to keep the 2.3L engine, if that is possible. Also I am wanting to do an amateur paint job on my car myself. Just thought I'd throw that in!!

·
Registered
2004 ZX3 SVT EE 160k miles. 2004 ZX3 SVT 189k miles
3,422 Posts
I am. You use the 2.3 timing cover.Vct delete from massive. A few other easy modifications Plenty of threads on the swap in the Duratec performance section of the forum.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
What is the newest engine that can be put into my 2004 Ford Focus ZX3 2.3L? I am wanting to keep the 2.3L engine, if that is possible. Also I am wanting to do an amateur paint job on my car myself. Just thought I'd throw that in!!
Just FYI-
If you are wondering about 'stock' MK1/MK1.5 applications the 2.3L Duratec engine was only offered in the US MK1 Focus (2000-2004) in 2003 and 2004 and only with certain trim/option packages. It was only offered in the MK1.5 Focus (2005-2007) in the ST trim.

Good luck
Paul

·
Registered
406 Posts
The acrylic/enamel spray paint looks decent for a rattle can job. It is all about the prep. On my black Broncos if use the .99$ Walmart black for two or three coats then finish off with the 6$ can of acrylic/enamel. Without clear coat it will last 3 or 4 years.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.