Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am currently driving a stock 2006 Focus ZX4 SE sedan. I would like to do a few things with it to achieve more power and better gas mileage.

Mods I'm planning:

1st: Replace current Spark Plugs with BOSCH Platinum/Iridium plugs. [(I will do this with my next oil change here in a week)]

2nd: K&N Short Ram Air Intake. [(Will do probably after Christmas)]

3rd: Exhaust (I don't know what I'll get yet, but we'll see what's available; preferably a racing exhaust) [(Will do sometime after I do the air intake)]

So with these few upgrades, how much difference will I notice overall with my car? How much more get-up-and-go will I have? How will it affect the gas mileage? Per upgrade (1st/2nd/3rd) how much difference will I notice between them?

·
Dat boxer rumble
3,451 Posts
Im not a fan of BOSCH products, but dont take just my opinion

The top three mods for your car are intake, exhaust and tune. Which it sounds like you are right on track for.

As for the exhaust, i recommend you take a look at FSWerk's Stealh. It sounds amazing, without being too loud. You may want to look at getting a header as well.

Finally, for the tune, talk to Tom (1turbofocus), he is basically the god of focus tuning, and his prices are unbeatable.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the good info man! But what's wrong with BOSCH products? I actually just literally bought (like 3 hours ago) the spark plugs. I got the BOSCH Platinum/Iridium ones. And probably within the next few days, I was planning on buying the BOSCH DistancePlus one. Any opinion on that?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts