Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys,

I got my wagon this week and I plan to lower it so it handle better. From the the search I have done on the net and on this forum, there seems to be some differences between the 2000-2005 and the 2006+ and certainly differences with the sedan.

I don't want to lower it too much (1-2 inch) and I want to keep it driveable on the not so nice roads of Quebec (Canada). That's why I will also stay with 15'' wheels. I won't load it a lot as I needed the room for large but light stuff. The rear seats will be removed so I will probably never have passagers in the back.

I expect to replace the springs and the shocks. The car has 57000km (about 35000 miles) so maybe the upper strut mount should be changed too.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks

Xavier

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,993 Posts
Nice wagon. First off, the shocks on the wagon's rear are not interchangeable with other Focus models. This makes finding suitable shocks for lowering the wagon somewhat challenging. As far as the model year changeover, Massive Speed Systems sells something called the OMNI kit which allows you to put any 00-04 front suspension on your wagon.

There are but a few kits out there that match springs and struts/shocks for the wagon.
Vogtland I believe lists a kit, BATinc.net has a nice Sachs kit, and an uber nice Spax kit with adjustable dampners. Suspension Techniques (ST) has a kit. Eibach no longer distributes wagon kits in the US. You can find just springs from Eibach and H&R, but then you are left with the hassle of hunting down the rear shocks...

Just remember to get an OMNI kit if you are using an 00-04 kit. If you see a kit listed as fitting 0-07, chances are good the mfg never made the changes for 05 and up...so you'll be back for an Omni kit.

Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
2,993 Posts
To add, there are actually more coilover kits for the wagon today here in the US.
Koni, Eibach, H&R, KW, and ST all have coilovers.

Otherwise, search ebay Germany for Focus Turnier and you will see many kits. AP, SuperSport, Weitec, KW, Vogtland, etc.

pm me with any questions as I might not be back on this thread anytime soon.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello guys,

Spring is finally arriving here in Quebec so I am looking to take care of my suspension mod very soon.

What is in the Omni kit ? From the picture on Massive website, it seems to be 2 bolts ans 2 sleeve. I don't mind getting the stuff I need but I want to be sure I don't spend money on something I could make myself. With the exchange rate and shipping, it will get to almost 200$ cdn. It's a bit much for 2 bolts and 2 sleeve... :)

Thanks

Xavier

1 - 5 of 5 Posts