Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is my first focus and its my wifes car its a 2000 4dr se. since it is my wifes car it is an automatic. but im looking to do a swap cuz i feel the motor that came in the car is slow but im looking for something that aint to crazy so im looking for suggestions on what to put in. and no i dont want to do the v8 rear wheel conversion that would be to much power for her so plz help me out with what would be best

·
Hmmmmm
3,706 Posts
you could always do the duratec 2.5

or you could swap a honda k20a into it. :)

·
Hatch Nation #136
2,043 Posts
You could swap in an SVT motor, but that might get a little pricey. You could also look at the v6 from the cougar.

·
Hmmmmm
3,706 Posts
Benkap's are more practical lol. maybe swap a 1jz in it? or a 2jz [deviltail]

·
GT40 all the things!
9,482 Posts
Benkap's are more practical lol. maybe swap a 1jz in it? or a 2jz [evil]
Did you see that vid of the Focus with the 2jz-gte? OMG do that swap!

Posted via FF Mobile

·
Hatch Nation #136
2,043 Posts
Well, I was going to say to swap in a blown 302, until I saw that he didn't want his wife to wrap it around a tree...

I'm toying with the idea of swaping in an M3 inline six.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i seen ppl are doin the v6 mazda import motor but im just not sure wat i wanna do. i was thinking of the svt swap but i didnt know if the came in auto or not

·
Hatch Nation #136
2,043 Posts
The SVT and the standard Zetec both mount up to the same trannies. The SVT never came as an auto, though.

·
Hatch Nation #136
2,043 Posts
Get that SPI motor out of there ASAP. Unless you like rebuilding motors because the valve seat dropped and grenaded everything.

You can also get a decent amount of money for one of those motors that hasn't blown up yet.

The blocks for the SPI, ZETEC, and SVT motors all have the same ability to mount to tranmissions. The SVT motor will not give you the same level of performance going from a six speed manual to a four speed auto, because you'll fall off the powerband when it shifts. I'd think about swapping in the Cougar V6 complete with transmission, ECU and gauges.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
im an all right mechanic it helps when u know ppl with race car shops i have also been thinking of an svo swap but not sure i was just thinking of putting in a dohc motor

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
if i do the cougar swap will i have to change harnesses under the dash or do they make jumper harnesses like they do for hondas

·
Hatch Nation #136
2,043 Posts
I'm not 100% on that one. I haven't done the swap myself.

Try running a search on the site to see if you can track down someone that has done it to give you a little more hands on advice.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
thanks i will look into all of these but i am still not sure of what i want to do i just know itr has to stay auto or the wife will kill me

1 - 20 of 21 Posts