Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[duh] I've got an '03 SE 2.3L and every time I go to look for performance replacement parts ( can't stand stock ) it takes me to ZX3, ZX5 model parts.
My first question is, do they all match up?
Also, with having the coil on wire things, is there a way to use different wires without changing the coil?
Another question I have is about motor mount inserts. Why does everyone only make the trans mount insert? I've got two broken mounts ( 110,000 miles ) and would like to upgrade to poly inserts, but it seems there is only one instead of three.
My last question would be about suspension. I'm not street racing this car too much and I'm not going to auto cross it, but I would like a better set up for the shocks/struts. I guess I should add I'm military, so budget is an option ( gotta save some money for the Gixxer ha ha..)
One more thing, anyone have a better scheduled maintenance schedule than the manual ( i.e. timing belt, water pump...)??

Talk to me Goose... [cheers]

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Welcome to FF!!

1st ?- Ive yet to see anything that changes the wiring on the COP. Massive speed however has better Ignition coils for our cars, lotsa money tho. Not really something you need to worry about yet.

2. www.FocusSport.com has ur replacable motor mounts, its a whole new mount with poly inserts, rear, passenger and driver side mounts.

3. Eibach make really nice dampers for our cars, as well as KYB AGX, the two i would recommend.

4. Short on cash check out the for sale section, you might be able to find some used but good items for ur car.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
You can see some of the other vendors that sponsor the site in the Forum section as well! They can assist you with any other questions if you are looking for prices.

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
edit posts instead of posting 3 times but good info

SE, ZX3, ZX5, etc are all body style, has nothing to do with the motor nor will it matter in suspension stuff, the wagon is the only one that is an exception

there are motor mount inserts available everywhere, www.massivespeedsystem.com sells them for like $20 for the dogbone

coil-on-plug is the most efficient form of ignition delivery, there is no high voltage traveling through the small wires, that high energy is created right at the spark plug, there are no "spark plug wires" necessary on this car.

as for suspension, the SVT kit is good for a daily driver, or for a more race-feel (its quite stiff, so watch out) check the Ford Racing Focus Dynamic kit, both are available through Ford for cheap and fully assembled, check the Hilbish Ford sub-form on this site.

there is no timing belt on this car, its a timing chain, and those usually should be changed around 100-120,000 miles so you're about there...its a PITA tho

finally, check the "read first:" posts at the top of this forum for all the information you need before asking questions, and remember the search button is your friend [thumb]

·
Fear the TurboSnail!
6,625 Posts
Well ZX3, ZX4, ZX5 does matter when it comes to exhaust due to length. I would recomend www.trubendz.com if you are looking of catback systems. They make a good selection.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
What up dark? I just bought some lightweight pulleys from ya like a week or so ago. Supamann2208 is my ebay name. welcome to focus fanatics!

·
Banned
2,334 Posts
mbrp2.5 flex back( price is the best and sounds great), f2 cai ( this set up is a 3 inch cai with a new maf tube), auto lites plugs regapped, moble 1 full sysn.

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
focussport sells new boots and the internal coil spring, to do a regular maintinence to our COP's

i got a set about 2 weeks ago, and had it done in about 5mins total... its a neat little inexpensive job to do if your looking to do regular maintinence.

oh and dark... i should be hopefully sending an order your way for the pullies, i need to start collecting parts for my build up.

·
Registered
231 Posts
focussport sells new boots and the internal coil spring, to do a regular maintinence to our COP's

i got a set about 2 weeks ago, and had it done in about 5mins total... its a neat little inexpensive job to do if your looking to do regular maintinence.

oh and dark... i should be hopefully sending an order your way for the pullies, i need to start collecting parts for my build up.
Great!!! If there is anything esle you might need for your build, feel free to email me.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
i like the pulleys alot, look really nice, havent installed them yet, gunna wait til spring. I cant wait tho!

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
OP, welcome to the site, thanks for ur service, and check out the sticky at the top of the forum, and make friends iwth mike at hilbish. he has the FRPP suspension kit with the 1.5 inch drop for 360.00

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
Concerning cam chain replacement.... I don't think there is a recommended replacement time for the thing. They get replaced on an "as needed" basis. Like when they get noisy, clatter. You can usually hear the things with the hood open if they're getting worn.

Nasty, expensive job if you do it...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts