Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys & gals. Time to put my old Probe GT to rest...well sorta...it's going to my son since he will start driving in a year. Anyway, the Probe was fun to drive and had a few things done to it, but need something newer with less miles for work. So I've found a 03 Focus SVT 5 door version with 26k miles on it...looks to be untouched mod wise. I know nothing really of these cars, other then what little stuff I've read or heard. I guess what I'm looking for at this point is any info on recalls that I should know about, anything that might persuade my plan of buying this car vs a different year. I found a 04 but didn't want black...and they wouldn't come off the price any, and it had more miles then the 03 I found. I know I will want to play with the car a little: CAI, or modded air box, and tune, not sure on exhaust from what I've read it's more of a sound issue. I have a Magnaflow CAT back system on my Probe GT and it sounds great...but to much drone noise so not sure if I'll go back with a system or just change the resonator out. Anyway, how about some PRO's and CON's let me know what you like or don't like...anything that you had to replace earlier then you should have...or any known problems with the focus SVT that might concern me. Thanks a ton...and if I pick the car up...I look forward to reading and writing more.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I read a few posts down where someone was kinda asking the same questions...sort of anyway. So I suppose this could be deleted if a moderator wanted too.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
That's interesting you're replacing a Probe GT with a Focus. That's the same thing we did for my daughter. her first car was a black '96 GT / auto. We bought it when she got her license about 2 yrs ago, Had about 102K on it when we started having tranny problems - traded it on a '04 ZX3. The dealer graciously gave us $100 for it. (Shoulda kept it for that little.)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts