Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I'm looking into ditching the turbo kit I've got sitting here and getting the procharger instead (speaking of which, anyone interested in it, PM me).

My question: If I get a kamikazi header, being that's it's got 2.5in piping, and keep the 3" flex/exhaust, will this be overkill for the set up? I'm just not sure if some of the same principals apply different FI setups.

Also, I'm wondering if I were to keep my crane 3 intake cam (I have a FR head also) and switch the exhaust back to stock, would this be worthwhile for any gain or just a waste of time?

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discord said:
Well, I'm looking into ditching the turbo kit I've got sitting here and getting the procharger instead (speaking of which, anyone interested in it, PM me).

My question: If I get a kamikazi header, being that's it's got 2.5in piping, and keep the 3" flex/exhaust, will this be overkill for the set up? I'm just not sure if some of the same principals apply different FI setups.

Also, I'm wondering if I were to keep my crane 3 intake cam (I have a FR head also) and switch the exhaust back to stock, would this be worthwhile for any gain or just a waste of time?
everything on ur car is great for the p\c. the easier air get in and out the better. so stay w\ the f\r head, and the kamikazi header (good header), i have a 2.5 it works well, but what boost u want to run on the p\c?

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's basically a time issue. I have a limited amount of time to do the install and get it tuned (I work outside of the country) and would like to knock everything out all at once on my next vacation in a few weeks. I feel the procharger would allow me to accomplish this feat in less time with less work, though I know I'd be taking a hit in the hp and tq departments.

It's all still up in the air though. I really like the tq that a turbo will provide, and that alone is making me have a hard time deciding wether or not to drop it for the SC.

On a side note, can you do a tune for a Lightning?

·
FF Affiliate
30,479 Posts
"On a side note, can you do a tune for a Lightning?"
****Yes if it is modded a lot it will be hard to do mail order

Stay with the Turbo if you can there will be sooooo much more to gain

Tom

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The L will only be getting basic mods. Intake, 4lb pulley and chip. I'd be looking at towing the focus down and getting them both tuned the same day if possible.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts