Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I figure I'm going to need to upgrade my transmission eventually. I plan on getting a Torsen LSD, a lightweight flywheel, and a clutch. Going by what I read in the FI sticky, I should get no less than a Stage 3 clutch, right? What brands do you guys suggest/what's the least expensive? I've seen a lot of people using Clutchmasters, and I figure that'd be a good option, but is there something cheaper or better out there? Also, what brand flywheel do you guys recommend. I made 188wtq with a wg issue, but I don't expect to hit much more than 200whp, 200wtq so I'm not really looking for something too insane here.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have one CM4 left on the shelf I will take 350.00 for it + shipping

Tom
Oh shit that sounds like an awesome deal, but I'm broke at the moment. I was thinking I'd be purchasing and installing all this stuff sometime next Spring/Summer.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Considering I'm only making 188wtq now and will hopefully make 200 or so once I get my wg issue figured out, would a stage 2 clutch be sufficient or should I really be looking at stage 3 and up. I'd like to maintain a decent level of driveability seeing as this is my dd.

·
I AM DA FOCI FANATIC
3,715 Posts
Stage 2 will be fine.

Clutchmaster and Spec both have thier pro's and con's. I will be getting the Clutchmaster FX-300

·
Registered
672 Posts
Considering I'm only making 188wtq now and will hopefully make 200 or so once I get my wg issue figured out, would a stage 2 clutch be sufficient or should I really be looking at stage 3 and up. I'd like to maintain a decent level of driveability seeing as this is my dd.
If you thinking about upgrade the turbo or the boost you will need a better clutch. 350.00 is a steal.

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
That is a very good deal on the stage 4.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How much does driveability suffer? Like I said, I just don't have the money now. I'm looking at possible options for when I do have the money (closer to the beginning of summer), I'll be able to go right in and buy the stuff. Don't get me wrong, that's a helluva deal and I'd love to take it off his hands, but I just can't afford it right now.

·
Token Engin-nerd
3,414 Posts
With those numbers I would even consider boost testing the Exedy OEM from Focussport, they are looking for testers and will give you a good deal.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts