Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Black
Chrome
White
Red
Gunmetal

The colors I just listed is for my dark gray Focus. I think white will be the best for my dark gray Focus, but I want to see what you guys think?

Or how about the new 2009 Focus' sport wheels on my Focus? The gunmetal/gray one.

·
Banned
1,355 Posts
All except red or chrome are good, I'm preferential to Black, what kind of wheels are you looking at beside the 09s?

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
All except red or chrome are good, I'm preferential to Black, what kind of wheels are you looking at beside the 09s?
I don't know, really. I have found a set of wheels that I really like...

I'll post em here; it's something I like from this page.
Motegi Racing

Some in this as well:
More Motegi

I especially love this one:
O.Z. Superturismo WRC White Painted

I'm curious to everyone's reaction to this one:
Kosei K1 TS [:p]

I know that TireRack is not the only place I could look at for the wheels. Can someone suggest to try different websites for wheels that fit my car?

·
has a screw loose
9,927 Posts
I got my 18"s and a set of 20"s at www.wheelsnext.com

I just called them up , told them what they are going on and had them in a few days with everything ready to mount on the car and truck I have .

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
if you realy want whit OZ's it would probly be cheaper if you got the SVT wheels of that site and got them powder coated white. they look exactly the same, theyre only .3 lbs heavier and the offset is 1mm more

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
Ummm. If you can work with this. Color is not what your mainly concerned about, its overall 'contrasting to' or complimenting the primary color. I.E. Do you want your wheels to scream "look at me" or the other end "Look at something else". (Wife runs a color analysis board and I get to give my input all the time...whether I want to or not I might add). Asking for a color opinion is going to get you as many answers as folks care to respond as they all have there 'preferences'. You can opt for 'neutrals" such as chrome. Chrome is always 'safe', but not necessarily the best. Silver is the next best 'safe' color as its closest to chrome. Grey (your cars color and the primary color) is also a 'neutral' and has no direct compliment. So with my continuing rambling on here, you can select any color (IMHO except grey) as your wheel color. I have consulted with my Wife regarding your question, and she recommends silver or chrome. White would be "gastly", even though it considered a neutral on some color wheels (Mucho debate there). Black, also considered a neutral (again, much debate) would pass only as it will go unnoticed (look somewhere else), but again, in strong light it could 'stand out' (and not in a complementary fashion). This does not include wheels where the primary color is (example) silver with black accents. accent colors can be almost anything and still work. What you want to avoid with accents is addition of two many colors. Basically, you want to restrain yourself to 3 'primary' colors on the whole car, and 1 accent color, with 5 total colors considered 'stepping into the twilight zone'. So if you have 1: grey (the paint), 2: black (door handles?) 3: Chrome (headlights and trim), then your already at the 3 primary colors. Hence, your limited to silver or chrome if you want to be 'safe' as mentioned. This is the value (for some) of painting the black plastic pieces the body color. It then Free's up color slot and they can get more creative with wheel color (a primary) as an example.
Sick of color theory yet? Lord knows I am! [screwy] [wave]
Edit: I have been corrected. As above, If your car has black plastic trim pieces, then black wheels should work as well. Sorry! She is the color master, I am the gate keeper? No Wait!

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
My criteria are to find the strongest, lightest wheel, for the least amount of money with a design that compliments the car. Color is actually less important but I do tend to prefer a complementary color (black on black) or complete contrast (white on black).

1 - 16 of 16 Posts