Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Trump 2016
12,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
cant find one found procharger that still have kits but not for 04 svt anybody please

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Hrm...

Interested in a fully ported and rebuilt (from Steigmeir) JRSC with BBK?

·
Registered
209 Posts
I agree with fusion, after all the crap i went through with my supercharger i could have had a turbo. I thought a supercharger would be simpler, but as it turns out i think a turbo might have been easier. Although i got a super price on mine so i can't complain.

·
Registered
37 Posts
cfm has one they advertise on this site

supers pass smog turbos dont

i like supers way more the power is already there as for turbos lets count potatos one potato two potato three potato oooh look here comes the boost but wait the super is already 4 lengths ahead

·
Registered
209 Posts

i like supers way more the power is already there as for turbos lets count potatos one potato two potato three potato oooh look here comes the boost but wait the super is already 4 lengths ahead
It make take turbos a second to hit boost, but once they do it's full boost thourhg the entire rpm range. Where as a superchargern the boost slowly grows with rpm's so you don't get full boost untill redline. Plus turbos make alot more tourqe. The reason i went supercharged is cause i got for a great price otherwise i would have done turbo and if the supercharger ever takes a crap thats what i will do.

·
FF Affiliate
31,169 Posts

I dont know where you got this info from but its all wrong , I have never had a SC out run my stock origional turbocharged enging or close to it

Tom

·
Registered
37 Posts
i know this sounds like bull but when i was in high school theses twins had two celica gts one was a sup one a turbo they both had 324 hp the cars where diffrent one yellow one blue diff body kit every time they raced the sup won even if they traded cars

sounds like crap but its true

·
Registered
209 Posts
but the focus doesn't have a sc available that's easily capable of over 300hp...
There are people that easily make 300+ with a vortech or procharger. Just takes a little pulley work.

·
Registered
158 Posts
okay I can see that. But thats really the top end of where you can get to. Where from what I've seen its kinda the mid-range of what a good turbo can do.

Dont get me wrong I'm a fan of how a supercharged car drives; I have one on my car. but my power goals were pretty low. I wouldn't expect my car to keep up with a turbo'd car making the same hp.

and doesnt the vortech kit cost about as much as a turbo? I went with my JRSC cause it was cheap (less then 2k all in including my tuning)

·
Registered
209 Posts
Well the vortech kit is no longer available new. I picked mine up used for 1600. The only kit still available for the svt new is the procharger kit. The problem with that kit is it is only a tuner kit, meaning yo don't get injectors, MAF, tune and many other things that are needed. There is a lot more potential with a turbo though. For me though a vortech is more than enough though. The way i see it, once you pass the 300 mark it becomes very difficult to put down that kind of power

·
Registered
158 Posts
what does that have to do with this thread....one of those blowers would never work on a zetec...big engines handle big blowers much better then small engines

·
Registered
37 Posts
im just saying it is possible if you want to do the work you can make anything work for you turbos are just easier to work with and cheaper to buy they are very similar except one is belt driven and on is gas driven if you want to make big hp wiht a super you need to do everything else remember the engine is a whole unit you cant trb/sc without adding a header/exhaust intake pkg and you cant make reliable BIG HP without doing the rest Ie pistons ,rods crank, cams. headwork, etc,

turbos come with most of the exhaust stuff already

as the saying goes hp and money go hand in hand how fast you want to go

and excuse the reliable part i know its kind of contradictory

1 - 19 of 19 Posts