Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
simple question....

lookin for a new head unit, kenwood or alpine... not lookin for the best of the best, just a new replacement that will do good with new speakers all around and maybe sub.. 8 in.

only lookin on spending about 200 n less for a head unit and maybe another 2 on speakers.... no subs yet.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Well what do you want to do? Ipod USB Connection?
Or just the basic aux in thru the front of the deck. BBY Has a package deal its an alpine unit and two speaks for like $70, I'm not sure but I think It's only got the aux in thru the front via male to male, it might have aux USB in the back.

Its either Pioneer or alpine.

Edit, found the unit but not the package deal, Its there you might just have to go into the store. Linky

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I'm changing over to aftermarket as we speak and I'm going Alpine. My dad has always used alpine and I think their just about the best for the price range. They have a few HU's for under $200 bucks, and if you don't want to buy it off the net, you can get some of them at Best Buy or Circuit City ( if you have any left in your area.... )

I am personally getting this one...

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_500IDAX100/Alpine-iDA-X100.html?tp=5684

Now, this is a digital receiver, which means it only play's FM/AM, HD and Ipod or USB enabled hardware. It DOES NOT have a CD player, but that's okay, I'd rather leave my CD's at home where they won't get scratched. But it's a good choice.

AND!!! FOR ALL THOSE GUYS THAT WANT YOU RADIO TO MATCH YOUR INTERIOR, YOU CAN CHANGE COLORS ON THIS ONE!!!

·
i wear no pants
17,506 Posts
i just bought the IDA-x200 from alpine

its incredible. absolutely the best headunit i've ever bought.

digital media receivers are the future and the IDAs are incredible pieces. they are so nice. they look good. the center wheel is easy as balls to use. its a great headunit and i paid 180 at bestbuy i believe.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I put a DEH-4000 In my girlfriends car, normally goes for 167$ I got it all & parts with dash kit for under $150 with the employee discount. Its a nice deck, its on sale this week for $127

·
Registered
97 Posts
i got an alpine iDA-X100 and it is phenomenal. a little out of your price range but all you get is the nice screen, so if you would settle for a two/three line display rather than a full color LCD, you can have all the functionality around your price range.

·
FUBARCUS
2003 ZX3 2016 FoST
7,785 Posts
I just got an alpine cda 9884 after i read it recommended on here a few times. I'm installing it here on friday hoping its as good as I heard.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for all the input you guys, im leaning towards alpine now... im liking hte Alpine iDA-X100.... but i gota talk to the wife if i can get a more exspendive one OR should i get the 303 or 200 and have a better chance on getting these subs...

--------------
the only thing i hate about the digi head unit is that i can't use cd's.... so that mean i gota get in the habbit on using (DEPENDING) on my itouch now.... bujt at lease i got a source.

------------

Hey is there a Radio on these alpine units??

·
Registered
433 Posts
I'm going to throw you in the other direction. Alpine is a very good manufacturer. Not going to knock them by any means. But if you get into the nitty gritty specs, for the price Kenwood gives you more bang for the buck. They are also very user friendly. I have had 5 different Kenwood head units (not because they break, but I think every car deserves its own head unit). In fact I have never had any problems with any of them. The oldest one is now 5 years old and still is just as nice as the day we got it.

O and X2^^^ on the crutchfield suggestion. They are so helpful and give you the best deal!

Thats just my $.02.

·
i wear no pants
17,506 Posts
honestly i love my 200...you won't be dissappointed.

and alpines are badass. they can survive anything

1 - 11 of 11 Posts