Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a '02 SVT that had about 95k miles on it, currently 100k now. I didnt get a service records so I dont know anything thats been done to it. As far as I know, its completely stock... But that's neither here nor there.

I want to feel out what it would cost me to have a rebuilt engine. Buying a rebuilt one or rebuilding my current one, doesnt matter. Im not looking to keep it stock, I want it built up a little bit, turbo/supercharger, looking for anywhere between 250-325HP, maybe even a small shot of spray and still be comfortable enough to DD. I want to drive the car the way it is for the winter, but come spring/summer, I really want to get it done.

I'm doing it for two reasons:
1) I love tearing up the road with my SVT, but I would love more power
2) Ease of mind over anything the last owner has done to it. I'm sure if he beat the tar out of it, its going to starting giving me problems at some point in the near future

Thanks in advance for a reply

·
coffee, have some
5,971 Posts
The one thing I don't like about getting a user car that's the "higher performance" model is that 9 times out of 10, the previous owner did like you said, beat the tar out of it.

There's a lot of useful info on here of common problems with higher mileage SVT's. I would check the SVT boards just to do some research on what to look out for, and maybe even preventative maintenance.

But your motor is one of the best and if you could live without your car for a little, my suggestion would be to build the one you have now.

Also, welcome to FF!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts