Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005-2006 Ford Focus ZX3 2.0 DOHC AUTOMATIC. We built it to be a circle track car on a 1/3 mile track asphalt , but it has no bottom end, it is like it is stuck in second or higher, and hits the rev limiter. We went from 15' inch tires to 13'' hoosiers with 2'' offset racing wheels. Kind of stuck here.

Thanks.

·
Old Phart
44,595 Posts
Moved to Road Racing & Rally, since the circle track & everything NOT auto-X/drag ends up here.

Not sure I catch the question straight, since you mention both lack of low end & hitting the rev limiter.

·
Registered
102 Posts
ill sell ya everything you need to convert it to manual
other than that the 2liter I won some races on but a swap would be the best solution to a 2.3 liter. a manual trans will free up power though post some rules or a link to the rules

·
Registered
102 Posts
sounds like you need a bigger tire or more gear
if you had too much gear you go down a size if you don't have enough you go up.

I have learned torque wins races around here a dam volkswagon just won the big race in indy this weekend (that's lame if you ask me) but I don't have much room to talk my cars in the shop waiting to go racing at Eldora

·
FF Affiliate
30,766 Posts
I can do you a tune to change how your trans shifts and raise your rev limiter to about 6900 which should help depending on how much more you need , I do a lot of track and rally Foci

Tom

1 - 6 of 6 Posts