Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oops, initially posted this in the wrong spot. :|

Not looking to spend $250-350 on LED DRL for the factory ones.

I am wanting to put them in the bottom of the triangular wedges on the front just either side of center.

Who out there has done this and what do you have? How long and are you happy with it?

-Kevin

·
Registered
188 Posts
I just bought some 16mm amber LED indicator lights (bolt lights or instrument panel lights), and plan to drill 3 holes through the center plastic grill inside the honeycomb (I have a 15) and wire them to key on power in the fuse block. I already have factory white LED eyebrow DRLs in my sport headlights but now I can have that "raptor" F150 style grill lights. I'll probably do likewise on the wife's expedition. The LEDs are IP67 rated and less than $4/ea. I'll post pics of the process when complete. You should be able to do likewise on the model year front end, lots void blank plastic areas to mount them.

Or, you could strip a pair of fog lights out of one from the junk yard (or buy the kit on ebay), put LEDs in them, wire them through a relay to ignition power and go that route instead. You can use a fuse tap or add a fuse in the under hood fuse panel and hid the wires inside wire loom to keep everything looking oem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts