Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 02 svt focus and i was looking for some upgrades for it. i was going to buy the steeda short ram air intake, but before i buy it i want to know from you guys what is the best intake out there.

·
I used to drive this
3,342 Posts
Diablo tune from Tom is the best mod per dollar to start off with. Be patient and hit up the for sale section. If you can wait, something will pop up that you will want.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
I'll agree, the first thing I bought was the Steeda Intake although it sounded awesome and gave a few horses in the mid to higher RPM range, it wasnt anything significant, However for $150, id recommend it. But, The Tuner is a good buy I bought that third and have not been dissapointed, helps with surging, bogging down, and smoothing out the RPM's. Plus Tom is pretty helpful. I;d say go witha tune and if your not going to go boosted, buy a CAI with a BPV and then a HFC and if you still want a little more, a 67mm TB and then Pullies and maybe a New Exhaust system if your not happy with the way the stock one sounds ( I replaced mine with Borla and everyone I know has compliment on it! It sounds amazing!) And dont you love all those abbreviations I used? lol

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Alright thanks for the info, i was really thinking about getting the steeda intake because it is a good deal. But i think i'll go with your advice.

·
Registered
744 Posts
The standard upgrades, that will make a difference, for your SVT are:

1. Tune: http://focus-power.com
2. Rear Engine mount.
3. Short throw shifter.
4. Replace transmission oil with Royal Purple Syncromax
5. Clutch TSB.

There's nearly endless threads on all the above topics.

·
Premium Member
6,581 Posts
Power mods:
1. tune
2. high-flow cat
3. cold air intake

Driveability mods:
1. upgraded ground wires
2. rear engine mount
3. 67mm throttle body

·
Registered
174 Posts
If your fortunate enough not to have emissions testing anymore(Florida), than I'd suggest forgetting about the HFC and get an ORP? More abbreviations...haha

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
What ever you do, do not change or replace out the header. It has been designed for max performance already so anything else you put on will probably bring down the performance. This is true regardless of what some people like to believe.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
The standard upgrades, that will make a difference, for your SVT are:

1. Tune: http://focus-power.com
2. Rear Engine mount.
3. Short throw shifter.
4. Replace transmission oil with Royal Purple Syncromax
5. Clutch TSB.

There's nearly endless threads on all the above topics.
Power mods:
1. tune
2. high-flow cat
3. cold air intake

Driveability mods:
1. upgraded ground wires
2. rear engine mount
3. 67mm throttle body
Both of these lists are great choice. One thing to note. Don't expect massive power from an SVT without F/I. With these mods listed you could be up around 155-160whp but also have an incredible driving machine. Good luck man [thumb]

·
Registered
831 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts