Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for opinions. I don't wanna go to overboard on my daily driver but I need more. I was thinking time for suspension. Should I go with springs or add a rear sway bar? I also want Cams, Header, and a tune but, I need it to handle better. What are your thoughts?

·
Focus Fanatic
7,252 Posts
From personal experience, the eibach pro kit suspension is great for daily driving.
The ride quality is almost as nice as stock, yet the handling is amazing, especially
once you add the larger rear sway bar with the poly bushings and upgraded endlinks.
Plus it doesn't really break the bank compared to coil-overs and such. Gives 1.5"- 2" drop.

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
If I read your post correctly, you don't have a rear sway? adding a rear sway will definitely help your handling and you'll probably notice the change just as much as by changing the springs...

·
Flipping Rockstar
16,788 Posts
Just remember, suspension is more than just springs(I'm sure You know that, though). You'll need shocks, struts and an alignment. A good suspension is worth Its weight in gold IMHO, and certainly worth the ticket price. And get the rear sway, too. I mean, unless You do the install Yourself, You're already looking at the higher half of $1000.00, regardless of the kit You get. So drop a buck and get that bar.

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We have a set of Ford Racing springs in at work so all I'd have to order or struts. But I'm leaning towards the rear sway. Still not sure though. You couldn't pay me enough to have someone else work on my car. I do all the work on my car. I work for the Stealership.

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
We have a set of Ford Racing springs in at work so all I'd have to order or struts. But I'm leaning towards the rear sway. Still not sure though. You couldn't pay me enough to have someone else work on my car. I do all the work on my car. I work for the Stealership.

Its not necessary to go crazy with an overly large rear sway as well. On a car that has never had one I suggest not going more than 21 to 22mm in diameter. It will make a remarkable difference but not enough so to induce unexpected (snap) over steer. Going larger usually necessitates the use of a larger front bar to maintain neutral handling traits.

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
^^Yup. When I had my Eibach kit (22 front 25 rear) it didn't feel right IMO. The back end just really wanted to wander around. Paired it with the 24mm front H&R bar eventually and its much better now although you still have to be careful. I have ended up playing with tire pressures in the back now to compensate. A lot of these problems though I must admit is because I have taken so much weight outta the car. Most of it outta the back...

·
Registered
40 Posts
I definitely recommend the rear sway bar first if you don't have one at all. It will make a noticeable difference in handling and is cheaper than doing springs/shocks. But as always I would recommend a full suspension kit when you can afford it if you really want a much better driving experience.

·
GoKart and Me!!!
13,487 Posts
I'm looking at (hopefully) getting my new suspension kit by next Christmas (at the latest). I've heard a lot of great things about Eibach and I was looking at THIS one tonight and was thinking of buying it. After I get my header, this is my next target.[cheers]

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
I'm looking at (hopefully) getting my new suspension kit by next Christmas (at the latest). I've heard a lot of great things about Eibach and I was looking at THIS one tonight and was thinking of buying it. After I get my header, this is my next target.[cheers]

Just my two cents but I'd take an improved suspension over and before a header ANY time. Headers offer a marginal improvement unless you have forced induction. There's nothing marginal about well executed suspension improvements. The handling improvements are immediate, VERY noticeable, and so much more driving fun!

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Leaning towards lowering now. If I get the sway I have to buy a lot of stuff to get it on.

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
the roush 2 kit or svt kit are good dd kits. but the roush is much more aggressive. the eibach and h&r are much more unforgiving.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Don't want to hijack but I currently have the H&R coilover kit with 2 bad struts in the front. I am debating what to get next. Its a DD so I don't need anything drastic. I am leaning towards the Pro-Kit also but want to know how it compares to the FR multimatic dynamic kit. It looks like they both give about 1.5" drop but what is the ride quality between the two kits?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts