Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 2.0 ZX3 and im running stock exhaust. Im looking for an upgrade I dont want something to gehto sounding a want a little sporty tone but not to loud. any suggestions on companies and different model exhausts. If any of you have any experience in this area some tips would be greatly appreciated. Again im looking for a nice sporty tone but nothing to loud or gehto sounding thanx again.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
go with magna flow

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
I have a Trubendz with a Flowmaster 40 series muffler and amgnaflow resonator. It was kind of loud until I put resonator on. It has a nice deep tone with no whining like a Honda.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So both of you have magnaflow in there somewhere. Terry B how much did your whole set up run you? and are you happy with the sound. I want something that is gonna sound nice when im accelerating but not gehhto sounding when im idoling. also did u see any power increases or not really?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Magnaflow.With stock front stuff it sounds good.Not loud at all at idle and smooth when accelerating.Power is better,but you really need to swap out the stuff in front to get any real gains.[strongman]

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Breakaway you have full magnaflow exhaust system? And you said it sounds good during acceleration? how much did you pay for the whole set up?

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
Another Option, Borla........Never sounds ricey or "ghetto" and the quality cant be beat. Check out www.fordracingparts.com

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
I paid $280.00 for Stainless with Flowmaster muffler, it was on sale at the time. I ordered the resonator after for $70.00 S&H included. I think exhaust is $350.00 now. It's sounds nice at idle. The only problem I have is my car is an automatic transmission. Can't speak for manual though. I'm sure it would sound better.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ya those sound like good options. I wanted to keep it under 300 bux but im guess im gonna have to go a little higher than that. How hard is it to install? They just bolt on right?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanx Vinny did you install the borla kit yourself or you have someone do it for you? If you did it yourself how hard was it? and if you had someone install it how much did that run you thanx man

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
Do it yourself. I bought a Dremel to cut off flange bolts, don't waste your time on them. Also, use a sawsall to cut pipe after muffler. You will save alot of time. I waisted a day of working on system not having this stuff before I started. If I was prepared it would have taken about two hours by myself.

·
i wear no pants
17,506 Posts
id go with magnaflow honestly. its a quiet exhaust until you get on it. and there is (IMO) not a better sounding exhaust on any car. the car at idle is almost silent but sounds great under acceleration and you will find yourself downshifting a lot, the burble while downshifting is awesome. i threw a random tech hi flo cat on there and it sounds amazing. it is a little louder and still sounds great, the steeda short ram also loudens it up a little bit, but the sound is unrivaled.

magnaflow for the win!

·
Registered
170 Posts
I got my Magnaflow off Ebay.Paid $325 delivered.Every now and then there is an outfit that runs auctions on there that you can make a best offer on and thats what I did.Fits perfect,sounds just right with stock stuff up front and adds some performance as well.I really liked the Magnaflows exhaust tip over most other brands and I have used Magnaflow products in the past on other cars and been very happy.I have Flowmasters on my Mustang and Borla on my MSM and have installed most every system out there on other peoples cars.Most popular name brand exhausts out there are good.I went with the Magnaflow because I got it for a decent price,I like the tip and reputation of product.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Can't believe no ones said the obvious, but if you want quiet get a focussport stealth exhaust,
sound nice on its own, deep, no buzz like other exhaust and even with a race header it sounds quiet till your on it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
i just went on ebay with a friend and bought a 4 inch and a 2.5 inch inlet thats all u need and cut the muffler off and they will take the emmision off too as well and there u go thats wat did but if u can do it yur self u will save like 70 or 80 i spent 80 to have it put on and so i spent 28.85 for it so like 30$ for the muffler so do wat u want to do thats wat idid

·
Retired Fanatic
20,000 Posts
^^ I can't make one bit of sense out of your post, can you please type it in english, thanks........

·
Registered
384 Posts
S2 said:
^^ I can't make one bit of sense out of your post, can you please type it in english, thanks........
I think translated into english it reads...."buy a fart cannom yo. its cool"

Dont do that....

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Chad I have gotten like 10 replies with all good information so it looks like you are the only intelligent one that cannot understand the post. Thanx for stopping by though

1 - 20 of 29 Posts