Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
OK, So my hunt for a SVT front clip is going nowhere fast around me locally. So I have been looking into the aftermarket side of things. I am leaning towards the Duraflex Pro-DTM or the F-Sport bumper covers.

So my question are,
Who has one of them on their car?
How was the fit and Finish of it?
Is it Fiberglass/Rigid or ABS/Flexible martial?

Also anyone make a taste full side skirt and rear bumper or should I just keep my eye open for the SVT parts.

w/ my magic bag
OK, So my hunt for a SVT front clip is going nowhere fast around me locally. So I have been looking into the aftermarket side of things. I am leaning towards the Duraflex Pro-DTM or the F-Sport bumper covers.

So my question are,
Who has one of them on their car?
How was the fit and Finish of it?
Is it Fiberglass/Rigid or ABS/Flexible martial?

Also anyone make a taste full side skirt and rear bumper or should I just keep my eye open for the SVT parts.
I have the wingswest skirts which fit & look great.They are urethane which is a pretty tough.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
You happen to have any pics of them. There sites pictures suck so bad. The water marking ruin them.

Super Moderator
Fiberglass is great as long as you don't hit the bumper on anything. Once you hit something, it will crack like crazy and shatter in some cases. Urethane bumpers are pretty much "fit it and forget it", meaning that you can just install it and not have to worry about it so much. It can take the minor impacts and won't fall apart.

w/ my magic bag
Like zetecDon mentioned, pass on the 'glass body parts, for bumper covers & skirts. Hoods would be ok.

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
This would not be my first time dealing with a body kit. I helped mold a few in to body a long wile ago. I do not want to deal with them at all, I mean come on, I live in Michigan, Our s***y ass roads and cold crappy winters would never allow one to last.

So what are ABS/Poly bumper out there then?

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
Good old AAS. I always forget about them.

w/ my magic bag
Or you could google/yahoo wingswest or skirts for foci's.

Registered
Discussion Starter #10
I do like the look of the ones you have on you car. Not over done

1 - 11 of 11 Posts