Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just bought these headlights and can't for the life of me figure out how to wire them. If anyone who also has these lights pls post pics of their wire connects or tell me how to wire them.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
scratching my head, need to see the wiring from the back of the headlights

·
FF Bouncer
3,178 Posts
Well I'm assuming that there is a pre-made harness for the high/low beams. What you'll want to do for the halos are splice the positive wire it into the middle wire on the front upper grille and put in an inline fuse (I think that about 3AMP should do it). If you want to add a switch for the halos, then run a little more cable to the switch and mount it somewhere convenient for you.

For the stock turn signal (in the grille) there are three wires. One is the ground (which is black), the middle wire is the (constant power), and the last wire is the blinker wire. You will want to splice your headlight turn signal into the corresponding wire in the upper grille. I don't believe that you will need an inline fuse for these, but if you want to play it safe, then use a 7.5AMP.

Connect all of the ground wires to a decent grounding point. I used one of the bolts underneath the radiator fluid resovoir. I'm sorry that this may sound 'vague', but I'm not very good at drawing diagrams.

If you have further questions, I will do my best to help.

Cheers!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts