Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any company out there that sells a grill like the stock 2005 grill that does NOT have the ford logo on it? Just doing this I think would make the front look a tit better ;)

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
other than a billet grill the ford emblem is on every grill out there. you could cut the mesh out and do aluminum mesh and paint it. or color match the chrome.

·
Registered
607 Posts
i saw once it was black without ford emblem and i think it was Kamei but i cant find it anymore even Kamei's own website...

·
Registered
351 Posts
hmm. .how much did that run you to do it that way dazada. I looked at the link and it said $80. . but it also showed a different end result than you had. I like yours better. info. .

·
Registered
538 Posts
Holy crap ozan! That car is sweet!

·
Registered
5,392 Posts
SVT_CLARITY said:
hmm. .how much did that run you to do it that way dazada. I looked at the link and it said $80. . but it also showed a different end result than you had. I like yours better. info. .
I got the grille for $50 on eBay, and other than the cost of two zip ties and a hacksaw, it was free.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah but the billet grill is not what i want..thats too bling...

I have an 05 remember ;) Differ grill.

That photochop is what i am looking for.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Hey hexx, im looking for the same thing as well. Only idea I came up with is finding a sheet of honeycomb mesh and custom making it by unclipping the old grill and basically clipping the mesh to the frame. The thing is, is that I can't find anywhere to buy.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Karniv04 said:
Hey hexx, im looking for the same thing as well. Only idea I came up with is finding a sheet of honeycomb mesh and custom making it by unclipping the old grill and basically clipping the mesh to the frame. The thing is, is that I can't find anywhere to buy.
Yeah I have looked as well...

·
Registered
352 Posts
I have been thinking about doing the same thing. All you have to do is buy the SVT lower grill insert and you have plenty of honey comb. What i want to know is, Why doesn't any company make one, It's seems like it would be a hot selling item. I wold buy one. Anyone else?

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
patxi said:
you want a hofele grill.

like this perhaps...?

[Image]

Yup...that is exactly what I am looking for ;)

It keeps that certain stock look to the car....I don't want the whole wire mesh thing...I look back to my previous car (2000 Grand Am GT) and I put wire mesh on that...looked ok, but my focus has another focus (no pun intended) to it...

I want the car to look semi stock....and so far so good - Progress Springs, SVT EAP wheels, and clear side markers...those are the appearance mods so far...a grille with no ford symbol on it and still black/rubber-plastic (whatever that material is) would be perfect....same size holes and all that is.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts