Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow Tx members! I have a question(ive searched[:D]), im piecing together a turbo kit for my car and was wondering if there are any other places that can tune our cars in the SA or Austin area? Ive heard that Henderson Performance and Murillo are 2 posibilities? Thanks

·
FF PHOTOG ENTHUSIAST
15,097 Posts
Out of curiosity, do you not like remote tuners?

We have Turbo-Tom from Focus-Power or there is FSWerks from California that also does remote tuning.

Both have worked on our cars tuning issues for the longest, so both of them would be the best choice. But if you are looking for something more local. Hopefully someone will chime in for ya.

I am also going to change your title to "Looking for Local TX tuner" ... will get more response from our TX peeps.

-Ray-

·
Registered
42 Posts
Call Tom and let him tune. I tried a tuner in Houston and they did a very bad job!!! After that i found Tom and he has not only tuned but also built engines for me. I have visited his shop in NC and he has spent several weeks with me at MSRHouston tunning my cars and ten or more at my race garage out there.You can PM me your info and i will be glad to talk to you about Tom and how he tunes.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Never got to Tune my SVT before i parted it out..

But i just came home from San Antonio an Tuning my EvoVIII Jorge @ JMSRacing.. Amazing guys at that shop.. Jorge is a master behind a laptop.. they do all kinds of tuning.. Cobb, Kpro, Utec, everything is topnotch.. He just picked up SCT an another program, gonna start doin a friends P/C'd Mustang next month.. This is something you might wanna look into if you wanna stay local..

If you want to remote tune id stick with Randy from FSWerks..

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its not that i dont like remote tuning, i would have just rather seen the numbers my car would have put down. I have Toms tune right now and i think im going to stick with him for the forced induction tune also.. Seems like the best choice lol Thanks for the coments guys!!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They just dynoed your car or tuned it also?

·
FF's Night Security
28,766 Posts
I've heard of Fast Lane tuning a few foci before, but honestly it's scary some of the shops around here. Heck I was calling some just to get my cam gears dyno tuned and they didn't know what adj. cam gears were or used for, kept getting responses like "the cams should be in time already" Like seriously I heard some scary responses. Only two I would even think of using would be Tom or FSwerks. I doubt you'll find a local tuner you'll like.

·
Registered
530 Posts
JMSRACING baby!!!

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Never got to Tune my SVT before i parted it out..

But i just came home from San Antonio an Tuning my EvoVIII Jorge @ JMSRacing.. Amazing guys at that shop..

So are you driving it now or do you still have a few more parts to put on?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What do they charge to dyno tune? Fastlane...

·
Registered
325 Posts
Sorry it took me so long to respond. I haven't been on here in a quick minute. 250/hr. If there is absolutely nothing wrong with your car and you have everything already installed and ready to tune it should not take them more than an hour to tune. You must also have your SCT Xcal tuner on hand. My car took 3 hours to tune this last time because they found that the fuel pump wasn't pumping enough fuel so I had them change the pump and fuel sending unit to SVT parts. Then the fuel was bad, 5 months or so just sitting in the tank, so they changed the fuel to fresh 93 octane gas. Baseline, then the pump and sending unit, then the fuel = 3 hours of dyno time this time.

The first time I took my car there for a tune it was 1 hour.

·
Registered
325 Posts
The 250/hr? Or what I had done? IMO the 250/hr for a complete dyno tune which takes less than an hour is a great deal.

What I had done to my car this last time couldn't be helped. The bill came to 1900 and change...although If I had just simply changed the fuel out before I sent her in I would have saved myself 1 hour of dyno time and some labor. Makes you think!

·
FF PHOTOG ENTHUSIAST
15,097 Posts
I think Paul is talking about the 250/hr ... but if the tuner is real good at what they do ... I guess it's a good price.

I have seen it cheaper as well. But you when you find a tuner your happy with, money shouldn't be an obstacle from using said person.

-Ray-

1 - 16 of 16 Posts