Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Focus Enthusiast
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
should i port my head or is there a choice as far as aftermarket? i waqs quoted 350 to have my head ported and polished.

·
Focus Enthusiast
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
also, where can i find an extra one to port so i can have it done and install it at the next local get to gether (lol)

·
Registered
281 Posts
Looking for good head........LOL.

From what I hear it's better to just get one instead of port and work on your own.

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
mofocus said:
ford racing gives good head or so i hear
ill second that...

anyway, my 2 cents, it really depends on what you want. if u only want pnp then go for it, but dif heads offer oversized valves, aluminum heads, refurbished factory heads, all kindsa options really.

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
I am with Euro. I want to go with a JRSC and it is designed to work with stock components. I am gonna get the stock one ported to help with flow. Other than that I don't want the other stuff.

I have heard that FC does a good job with their heads.

·
Focus Enthusiast
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
is anyone running any aftermarket that would like to give me 2 cents?

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
opening too much flow will kill boost tho jis, keep that in mind, things like a race header and whatnot will drop boost a decent amount, but it could make more power on the dyno. itd be a tough call.

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
well not sure, dont quote me on this, i heard it kills boost BUT you make the same power because less boost is required to make the same power........im probably going to eventually mate the M62 to a FR head, if thats the way i go, only time and mony will tell

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
you will be able to boost more with the m62 also... to really know the truth behind this though u would have to have dynos of the a ported head + m45 to compare of a stock head + m45

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
The handbook has the JRSC and also one with a mild ported head I think. I'm not going to go overboard on the porting though. Exhaust will be kept at 2.25"

·
Registered
5,679 Posts
if i want to pnp the focus head...
how much money are we talkinhg about...?

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
i think if you get a good three angle job and such, i think the cheapest iv heard of is 600, and then if you want to throw in larger valve train well there you go your already better off w/ the FR head

·
Registered
5,679 Posts
i will ask arround in my machine shop....

the job heare are usually cheper than in the us...

Joel

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
the three angle valve job is really kind of a funny story as i learned from kickn. call ford and ask them about it and you will be suprised it really isnt much to advertise about apparently. its always good tho, like mofo says, to have a second head to do the work on and just swap.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts