Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can buy the lights, but nobody's confirmed that they'd be a direct swap. If you want to be a guinea pig let me know and I'll price them, shipping would be cheap since I'm US military and can use the USPS on base.

Posted via FF Mobile
Moved this from my sedan spoiler thread, it got a little sidetracked. Anyway, here's your answer... if anyone wants to test this out, he said he's got cheap shipping options on base, let's get the ball rolling so I can have some USDM Titanium lights from one of you!

·
Registered
239 Posts
I'd consider it if I knew it was identical wiring with not a lot of effort involved. (Not likely if you ask me)

·
Registered
533 Posts
Hi, I know that the ballast is part of the headlamps but it might not be just the wiring either as the ecm might need to be reprogrammed as well, if it is possible on non-hid lights. I'm about to collected a Foci in the next couple of weeks, with HID's, and I'm willing to post up pics of my wiring if it helps in anyway.
Chris

·
Registered
362 Posts
Perhaps someone overseas from us will be kind of enough to take pics of all angles and the electric harness plug? And we should do same here in the states? If we had our car I would!

·
Registered
533 Posts
Perhaps someone overseas from us will be kind of enough to take pics of all angles and the electric harness plug? And we should do same here in the states? If we had our car I would!
Hi, didn't I just say that? [facepalm]
Chris

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well guys just post up what you find! Maybe we can get this stickied so that we have a definitive Euro projector thread?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Hi, didn't I just say that? [facepalm]
Chris
Don't feel bad, many American's have a tough time with a British accent. [facepalm] Not me though, I worship at the Church of Clarkson. Just curious, is your user name a reference to the "Friendface" episode of The IT Crowd? I think that one and the one with Moss on Countdown are my two favorites.

I would appreciate the pics when you get your car. I'd like to do the conversion if it isn't insanely complicated and expensive. It may end up being easier for us to wait until the Focus ST is released in the US. Patience sucks though.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Hi, I thought the IT Crowd was so funny, as a IT technician myself, but no, my name originates from well before then. It was a a nickname a american lady gave to me from my AOL screen name of chriscuk.
I will post up any photos of the HID's you guys need to help you, but forgive me if I have to 'indulge' in my car when it arrives in a couple of weeks or so time...

·
Registered
155 Posts
Hi, I thought the IT Crowd was so funny, as a IT technician myself, but no, my name originates from well before then. It was a a nickname a american lady gave to me from my AOL screen name of chriscuk.
I will post up any photos of the HID's you guys need to help you, but forgive me if I have to 'indulge' in my car when it arrives in a couple of weeks or so time...
Sounds good! I'm in support too, and even after lots of years it shocks me how often turning it off and on again actually works, and even more so that nobody thinks to try it.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I love the IT crowd! Woo! yay for threadjacking my own thread! lol

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Hope this works out for you guys. you will most likely need to put in larger fuses like when 1st gen focus projector swap

·
Registered
362 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Don't feel bad, many American's have a tough time with a British accent. [facepalm] Not me though, I worship at the Church of Clarkson.
Another Clarkson fan here and work for a UK based pharma's global data center in the states.... Love the UK!

·
Registered
21 Posts
You all may not have to wait much longer...when the electric focus comes out it is supposed to have the projectors and HID's. At least that is what I read on another site.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Can't wait for anything to be found out. The sooner I can get a set of Titanium lights the happier I will be! lol

·
Registered
533 Posts
Sounds good! I'm in support too, and even after lots of years it shocks me how often turning it off and on again actually works, and even more so that nobody thinks to try it.
Hi, agreed, but a PC needs to be cold booted at least 13 times...[:D]
Chris

·
low n slow
2,163 Posts
Hope this works out for you guys. you will most likely need to put in larger fuses like when 1st gen focus projector swap
??? never heard this i have NEVER changed the headlight fuse it still has the one the car came with new and my machs are fine. i do have diffrent bulbs and ballasts than oem tho

·
Registered
747 Posts
This thread is pretty stupid. OP, just go to a euro parts side and order the damn headlamps. So far the title of this thread is absolutely misleading.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts