Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is matter of opinion, but I'm looking to drop my '06 ST. I'm trying to see the best drop height + Wheel/tire combo that I can put together without getting rub or wheel hop into the fender wall. I'm thinking about a 1.6" drop with the koni kit from newedgeperformance.com along with some Enkei RS-5 17" and 215/40/17 wheels. Let me hear ya people.

[thumb]

[8]

·
Registered
295 Posts
Personally that's too much of a drop for me, I will just be going for the SVT suspension as that only drops it about half an inch, but that's all personal preference. I believe seventeens would be perfect, but I really haven't seen a whole lot of evaluation on wider wheels and tires, and different offets together, but then again, it may just be buried in threads I don't even want to start digging though, so you never know.

·
Registered
90 Posts
It all depends on how and where you drive.
Personally, I'm happy with the stock SVT height. It would look better lower, but at least the wheel gaps are less than two fingers (with 17s). And I have pretty skinny fingers.
I already scrape on the occasional parking lot entry ramp, and I live in Houston. Were built on a swamp. We dont even know what hills are.
At least my front lip is unpainted. My GFs Matrix has these little stickout mini lips that are painted and scrape on absolutely everything.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts