Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for an alarm with certain things on it. I'm looking for tilt, shock, and glass break sensors, remote start, and the pager system.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
tilt and glass sensors you will have to buy separate... the viper 5701 though will have your remote start, alarm with shock sensor, and is a two way system so it will alert you if you are in range if something went off.

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
AND...will cost you an arm and a leg. Just making sure you know that before you buy it. The install is the most expensive.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
AND...will cost you an arm and a leg. Just making sure you know that before you buy it. The install is the most expensive.
i kno that its not going to be cheap at all.

·
Registered
259 Posts
they just released the viper5901, and python991. both are the same, made by dei but have different colors for remotes. these units have the lcd technology (screen with pic of car and text,) instead of the 5701 which has the led technology (different colored lights for different commands.) also the lcd remotes now have built rechargeable lithiom-ion batteries. these truly are the best out there. also good news if you have a stick, the new python and viper products are safe for manual transmissions. you could always use remote starts in manuals before but had to bypass the clutch and that process is illegal in most states, like mine! ohwell im good at my job and i always leave it in nuetral. if you get a unit that is not meant for manuals you have to realize if you bypass the clutch and leave it in gear when you r/start your car thats its going to "walk" or drive until the r/start cycle ends. so becareful what your parking in front of ;) oh by the way glass break usually works well and so does tilt but because you have a small light car, i definelty wouldnt waste money on the tilt. dei used to make a microwave sensor (motion) but it came with many bugs, i havent seen one in a long time but if they have a revised version of that, that would be a nice idea.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts