Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I was talking to my buddy today about tune's and what not, and I just wanted to look into it since I have nothing but a drop in K&N in my car. I read on hear a lot about Wayne and excal and so on. Well I don't know a damn thing about tunes or anything like that. I mean I used to have a Ranger. But I live in Michigan and I didn't know if wayne's tune or whatever was like only around Cali and what not but if you guys could fill me in on how the tune process works, and warranty issues, or how to go back to stock, and how much it costs that would be awesome! Thanks a lot in advance.

·
SVT Fanatic
2,615 Posts
honestly man, there is a million and one threads on this. go to the SVT Performance Chat page and at the bottom right of the page search for diablo vs SCT or just search for diablo predator or SCT or whatever. you will learn everything there is to know about them.

it IS one of the best things you can do to this car, driveability and performance wise.

·
Registered
511 Posts
If there is nothing else that you do to your car, GET A TUNE!!!! The most popular around here are from Wayne (Xcal2) and Tom (Predator). I have Wayne's tune and I highly recommend him, but I have heard good things about Tom as well. Just do some research and you really can't go wrong.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Performance wise, Wayne's Tune and Short Ram Intake are all I have done to my car, and it made a very noticeable improvement in driveability, power, and gas mileage. IMO, worth every penny![thumb] [8D]

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When you say Wayne's tune is that the Diablo predator for like $500. I just want to go and have someone do the program I don't want to have to spend that much mondey to buy the programmer I'm not good with that stuff. But I want to be able to go back to stock in case anything happens. Does Wayne do that?

·
SVT Fanatic
2,615 Posts
mboren said:
When you say Wayne's tune is that the Diablo predator for like $500. I just want to go and have someone do the program I don't want to have to spend that much mondey to buy the programmer I'm not good with that stuff. But I want to be able to go back to stock in case anything happens. Does Wayne do that?
wayne sells the xcal for 3 hundred some dol, tom sells the diablo predator for a little over 500. they both can convert back to stock.

·
Registered
156 Posts
svt2nv04 said:
wayne sells the xcal for 3 hundred some dol, tom sells the diablo predator for a little over 500. they both can convert back to stock.
I believe Wayne's sells the Xcal w/ 2 Tunes (already loaded into the Xcal) for ~$360 (I got his basic Street and Highway Tunes). With the Xcal, you can UPload your cars factory tune into the Xcal, then DOWNload one of Wayne's custom tunes into the car. Takes about 15 minutes total.

Then, if you ever decide to go back to stock, you can just reverse the procedure.

Using the Xcal is extremely simple - just a matter of pushing a couple buttons (The Xcal has only 4 on it!) and waiting to Up/Down load each tune. Super simple.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts