Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those who have been around, Chaz and Jim co-made a intake manifold for our cars. They did a few runs of them and went silent for a long time.

After we beg and begged. They are going to make one last run!

If you remember Jim's focus it made over 600whp using this manifold-

So if this interest you and you havent seen this on the fj fb page or the ff fb page let me know!

this is on a zetec

on a svt

[ffrocks]

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Cool, there have been questions about those recently.

Spread the word a bit....

·
Premium Member
8,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sweet! bump!

·
Premium Member
8,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
bump

·
TURBO ZX3
8,746 Posts
i want this but don't want to deal with the iacv and brake booster hook ups

·
Premium Member
8,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cmonnn you know you want toooo lol

·
TURBO ZX3
8,746 Posts
how to make it work without throwing cel and the actual removing andmaking brake booster connect to it

·
TURBO ZX3
8,746 Posts
I will never order from top speed, wont get here until 2016

·
Premium Member
8,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
its a simple enough piece that you can get a local fabricator to do for you.

Ive worked with the top piece once before we didnt have any issues. BUT yes the time delay from them is ridiculous.

·
Premium Member
8,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just talked to the fabricators- that plate is included with the manifold-

Jim will elaborate tonight-

·
Premium Member
4,739 Posts
i want this but don't want to deal with the iacv and brake booster hook ups
how to make it work without throwing cel and the actual removing andmaking brake booster connect to it
Idk what kind of problems you have heard? but I can assure you none have these problems with my intake manifold. The brake boost connection is as easy as running 3/8 hose from the barb already on the intake manifold to the splice on the factory line. all you do is cut or heat up the plastic brake booster line at the factory barb connection and put the new 3/8 rubber over it. Anyone with 3rd grade education can handle this. Im not sure how you would get a cel if you plug everything in? please elaborate. IAC is as easy as putting a 3/8 fitting on the charge pipe before the TB and connecting the lines to the Remote IAC plate.

I hope that piece from top speed works better on Jims intake then it did on the top speed intake

Tom
Making it isnt the issue , getting it to idle properly is

Tom
Fernando has never had any idling issues on my intake with remote IAC. Many people can vouch for this, idk if its the difference of design or something in the tune. I can have Fernando elaborate on this non issue if people would like more reassurance.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts