Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was hit by a deer, and now I need to find a passenger side door to replace the broken one. I have been told that the door for the 00-04 models are the same as the 05-07 models. Is it true? It's really hard to find a 05-07 zx3 passenger door... But there are two or three 00-04 zx3 passenger doors on ebay. Any ideas, folks?

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Moved to the MkI focus section.

Welcome to FF!

The basic body stayed the same for '05-'07, with changes to hood, fenders, bumper etc. in front & rear bumper at the back. (all bolt on changes)

I think the main differences at the doors are simply the different mirrors/interior panels. What I can't remember offhand is if there are any differences in side molding/trim for '05-'07, just not sure without checking some pictures myself.

So, it would bolt up - check details/wait for more info. on the cosmetics.

Cheers

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you, sailor! It helps! I think I'll just take the 2000 svt door on ebay, which only costs less than 100 bucks! But shipping is ridiculously expensive... more than the door itself..

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Shipping on a large "odd" item is high, check all the options for a local source to avoid that if possible. (J/Y, craigs list, whatever you can think of)

Side molding on the earlier ones fits in a molded section of the door changing the door skin shape. double check that it's not different for yours. I didn't look up pictures to check that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts