Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where can I find a new valve cover for an 04 Zetec, prefer something other than the stock look? Second, I am looking for a carbon fiber trunk lid for a sedan, NOT A HATCH. Lastly, Does anyone have a K&N short ram on their car with a strut bar? I have tried several and all of them force the intake away form the throttle body. Thanks

·
FoFo Lover.
2,884 Posts
I have a AEM SRI with my Strut bar with no problems.

You can get a metal contour valve cover and have it powdercoated. That's what I have.

I've never seen a carbon fiber trunk lid.

·
coffee, have some
5,971 Posts
I heard from Loudfocus01 that whatever company won't make the trunk lid unless a bunch of people commit. Even then, I bet that would cost almost a grand for one.

I believe the only SRI that doesn't work with a strut tower brace is the Volant, but I could be wrong. I hope anyway. lol

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There are so many different bends with the strut bars I tried one that just went straight across. I installed in and drove around the block and when I popped the hood the opening of my throttle body was visible.

·
Premium Member
7,348 Posts
I heard from Loudfocus01 that whatever company won't make the trunk lid unless a bunch of people commit. Even then, I bet that would cost almost a grand for one.

I believe the only SRI that doesn't work with a strut tower brace is the Volant, but I could be wrong. I hope anyway. lol
The focussport strut bar is the only one I know of that works with the volant.

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
Ebay has one, but i know its UBER expensinve, like 600 bucks or something, so I'm assuming its real for that price. but i haven't really seen it recently.

·
Premium Member
7,348 Posts
No problem guys. Any other ones that have a similar design as the FS one will work with the volant.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
vis made the trunk lid at 1 point, maybe they can make 1 for u... u gunna have to call them up and find out.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The other day I found Blue belts for the focus and now I cant find it, anyone know where I might have seen this

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
gates makes them.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So when I change belts I am swapping out the timing belt what else, when are you supposed to change the hoses?

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
hoses? i don't think you are, i didn't but alot of times you need to change out the pulleys as they get worn.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts