Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey whats up

so after talking to my mechanic about some thoughts on my tranny he says i need to replace my clutch...now i have a 01 zx3 with 37,000+...its hard to shift in the morning (im forcing it in to gears but with no grind yet) i have also noticed its fells rough going in to gears after warmed up...

so looking at clutches i have picked two of them centerforce or the spec stage one...now i have to say that i do drive hard and i do a lot of high rpm (6,000s) run outs i guess u could call it... i have searched and see a lot of people dont like the centerforce because of it going out after a short use time so what one is better

thanks for the help
Focus matt

·
Registered
69 Posts
I've had two bad experiences with Spec clutches, both quality related. Spec supplied throwout bearing went bad in less than 1k miles on my Bullitt and the Spec stage two in the SVTF sticks and squeals when hot. Centerforce will be the replacement on the Focus when I get around to it.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well talk to some other people on here it looks like its my syncros

·
Registered
108 Posts
I've only used spec clutches. I think they are sweet. Have never had a problem yet and have used 3 different ones.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I've only used spec clutches. I think they are sweet. Have never had a problem yet and have used 3 different ones.

you used thee diffrent clucthes in your focus and you say you dont have a problem with them, okay, well then quit driving so dam hard man

·
Registered
108 Posts
Hey... I have a Spec Stage 3 clutch im gonna be selling here pretty soon... It has 600 miles on it... I JUST broke it in and blew my motor up haha. Building a beast now and I had to get a different clutch to support the power. If your in the market for a nice clutch thats practically brand new... Let me know. We can work out a sweet deal :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts