Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All!,

I own a 2006 Ford Focus SE that doesn't have the rear sway bar from factory. I understood that it only came with the SES & ST models.
In the 2005-2007 years, there is no provisions to install the sway bar. I beleive you need to buy one custom made.
Steeda is making one, but its only 21 mm.
Is there any other manufacturers selling a 22mm? Anyone here has one for sale?

Thank you for you help![:)]

·
has a screw loose
9,927 Posts

·
So mote be it
8,950 Posts
From my measurements and after a call to Steeda, after I received my "21mm" rear sway bar, they both said 22mm. This was well over a year ago and Steeda hasnt changed their site to say 22mm. When I called Steeda to verify, they said it was 22mm also but i have never seen this mentioned on their site.

This is for the blue steeda rear sway bar they sell as part of the kit for cars, like ours, that did not come with a factory rear sway bar option. Although on their website, they still only show the black rear sway bar and not the blue one for this size. Perhaps its just a thick powder coat but with my cheapo caliper, it says 22mm. Either way, going from no rear sway bar to either a 21 or 22mm bar will make a noticeable difference. I'm really glad i added it.

BTW, there's a progress 22m rear sway bars on ebay for 89.99 shipped. You will still need to get a mounting kit, or have brackets welded on to mount the bar.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Prog...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

1 - 3 of 3 Posts