Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For Christmas I want to get some new wheels for my focus. So I want some fellow FF opinions.
Here is a picture of my car

So what do you think would look better

SVT Euros

or these

Speedy Lite 5

Does anybody have any opinions on Speedy wheels, I haven't heard much about them.
Or if you have any other ideas on wheels let me know, I'm open to different options.

Thanks, Justin

·
Registered
573 Posts
witch ones do you like the best, go with wheels you like best but I can tell you from my wheel purchasing escapade I like the after market ones but I think the svt wheels are very nice my next set will be svt style so I can run them year a round. I dont like switching wheels for winter then in my case going from17s to 15s my car looks so week. by the way your car looks good as it sets but diff. wheels would really look hot go for it.

·
Premium Member
7,348 Posts
I personally think the 15 spoke SVT EAP's would look better. But whatever you like best is what you should get. By the way, your suspension looks sick. That's what I'm thinking about replacing my stock suspension with in the spring. Also, let me know how much trouble you have driving through snow with the drop.

·
Focusless
1,826 Posts
i think the aftermarket ones would look good. more noticeable if thats what ur lookin for..

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll agree the SVT wheels would be nice, not having to switch wheels come winter. I haven't decided yet if I wanted to go for something more noticable. I don't want to draw too much attention to my car.

trailbikerider: The suspension is awesome, handles much better than stock and looks a lot better being lower.

Justin

·
Registered
573 Posts
Either way your car would look good but really buy what you like seems like the guys are a little more up for the svt wheels but if you do go with the svt wheels I think they probably would sell easyer if need be. if wheel maint isnt a big deal I would consider chrome but its just like black cars it only looks good when really clean but I like the black wheels you have pictured as well. I know Im not much help but just some things to consider.

·
MyCarBreaksAlot
8,609 Posts
^That's true, if you decided to sell you wouldn't have any trouble getting rid of them.

But on the other side of the coin, everyone and their mom has them. They don't interest me personally.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I just replaced my SVT 5 spokes w/ a set of 18" Kazera's. They look like the Speedy's you got there, but they are Matte Black vs. Glossy. Here's a link: http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/Whee...-A+Dual+PCD&wheelFinish=Flat+Black+w/Mach+Lip

Yes they clear w/ no worries. I have an Eibach Pro-Kit so I am dropped 1.8 in the front and 1.5 in the rear. Not to mention I got the rims for 109.00 ea. b/c they are closeouts. If you do a seach, look under Mercury Cougar b/c they will not show up under the any Focus. The Cougar offset is 38mm vs. 45mm but does hurt anything. It pushes the rim out further and gives the car a tad wider stance and more clearance on the struts. Just my .02.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
go with the svt rims man....i think they would be much cleaner of a look on your focus rather than the black ones

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
We have the dark gray (argent) SVT Ford racing rims on our Cd silver ZX3 and I think they look great. Just wish they were a little lighter.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have to go with dyn2liv I have that exact same set of 18" Kazeras on my 2000 ZX3 they are an awesome set of wheels

·
Registered
573 Posts
[ffrocks] I have the [American Racing type SR 215/ 45/ 17] I like them real well but I think if I had it to do again Id go with the svt six spoke and run them year around, but wheels are what ever you personally like,The 17s and 18s are a little heavyier but the handling of your car makes it wourth it plus like I said before the steelies for winter dont do much for looks of the focus. post up some picts when you decide looking forward to it. (you know your a ff when you would rather look a pics of moded focuses than a Hot Babe!!!!) no really. maybe thats cause Im an old fart and been through the mill a time or two.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Out of town right now, will get a pic once I get back home. Son is in hospital out of town, so I am a tad pre-occupied at the moment.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts