Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all! I am looking for a new daily driver since my SHO crapped the bed. I found a nice 02 Focus but I ran a CARFAX on it and it showed as a Manufacturer's BuyBack (aka LEMON) Ford bought the car back at 9k miles and they auctioned it off where it was sold to a second owner. The second owner had it for 50k miles. It just got traded in at 60k miles. Because its a trade in, I do not know the history on the vehicle.

It is a BLUE 2 door and has 60k miles on it. The dealer want $7,000 for it. SoCal isn't cheap for cars and everything goes for way to expensive here. I was going to buy the car but am hesitant now with the title having a buyback on it. Any ideas?

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
Wouldn't doubt if it was bought back because of the clutch TSB ... maybe the update parts weren't available at the time and it was problematic. But when parts cam out it was fixed and the second owner had minimal problems.

Price is steep for me because I don't see the added value of the SVT even though I would not hesitate to value the engine and rear disc brakes $1,500 over the retail of a comparable ZX3. But for the average person they'll never have a realistic need for the full capabilities of either.

How's the car drive?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Get the VIN number and go to any Ford or Lincoln dealer. Take this number to the service department and ask the service writer to run an Oasis report for the VIN. This will show you everything that has been done to the car through Ford. Be prepared to give the service writer some token of thanks for running the report for you. $10 is a good start or a gift certificate to the local lunch place.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The guy won't go lower then 6795 and says he has a lot of buyers for it. I said thank but I will have to pass. I offered him blue book of 5800 and he declined.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts