Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently at 87k on my Focus.. Only problems have been alternator woes.. I use 5w20 Valvoline full Syn. Probably should have a transmission shop do some kind of cleaning on my transmission. You guys think I can maybe get 150-200k outta the car if properly maintained. Will be around 140 miles a day. Own a house in a small good town to start a family in, and worth the trip. Not a lot of work for what I do there though.

·
Registered
140 Posts
My 02 has 240k and do 100 miles a day, all highway. Oil change every 5k, timing belt, alternator, brakes, motor mounts, cat converter, I'd consider this normal maintenance.

·
Registered
16,194 Posts
I thought i was heavy. Lol. Mine is a 2010. Owned it for a little over a year and it has 26,000 miles on it

·
Registered
135 Posts
I've got about 226K on my 2001 and it's still running like a champ. As long as you keep up with the maintenance it should last you well over 200K.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've had it with alternators! Two of them so far with 87,000. I know timing belt needs to be replaced at 120,000. Brake pads are lifetime warranty, and rotors were worked on around 37,000. Cat converter, motor mounts are okay now.

My 02 has 240k and do 100 miles a day, all highway. Oil change every 5k, timing belt, alternator, brakes, motor mounts, cat converter, I'd consider this normal maintenance.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Since you have a Duratec you dont have to worry about the timing belt issue. Just change the oil often and take care of her. I would say switch to 5w-30 or 10w-30 oil after you hit 100K, but I will leave that up to the people who have hit the high mileage you are talking about hitting.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts