Focus Fanatics Forum banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
771 Posts
So, now that we've gotten the math out of the way, here's our new focus, we absolutely love the car in every way so far.

Dealer Delivery Room

Waiting for my Wife to get home... borrowed the big bow from the dealership...

Very nice car man, congrats! I have a 2013 titanium hatchback & I always get compliments on how sporty it looks. I love the changes on the 2016 with the front end & rear taillights!! Keep us posted on how it drives! I've always wanted to drive a 2015-17 & see how they compare to mine!

Looks great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hello all, this is my first post, and wanted to get the "Bottom Line" on a beautiful 2016 Ford Focus Titanium with the "Powershift" transmission. after reading nearly 400 pages of posts about this transmission, from "-B" pack clutches, to new TCM replacements, to Tom's tune, you'd think I would run screaming from the car, but I drove it, and loved the car's look, feel and performance, even if a little late to the torque range.

Question 1
What has really changed, if anything to remedy the car's inherent issues with this DCT, or am I facing a car that will drop in value so fast I could hear it whistling in my driveway like a WWII bomb?

Don't mistake me for a car novice, I have an extensive history with building racing motors for Hondas, and would probably fix my own issues on this car post warranty.

Both my wife and I really want to make the move, but are a little hesitant after everything I have read.

Question 2
If the newer models do have revised parts to make the car safer and more drive-able, what Life expectancy Can I reasonably expect out of the clutches?

Thanks for any and all help, I'm currently renting a 2016 focus Se with 32K to see how it handles my daily commute.
There are several posts in this forum and others regarding the 2016 Focus Shudder and Surge problem. A recent visit with a Ford Service Department Service Manager shed new light on the status of the TSB's and history of the Shudder and Surging problem. Basically the Service Manager said and the latest TSB's support this, the Shudder and Surge Issues are still a problem for 2016 Models. Buy at your own risk. Also note, the extended 10 year, 150,000 mile warranty will not apply to 2016 Focus Models. The last model to get that extended warranty was the 2014 Focus with DCT Transmissions produced in June of 2013. After that date no other DCT's are covered for the Clutch Replacement costs.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Bought my son's 2016 SE Hatchback for $15,300. It was 10 months old with 18K Miles on the clock. It's sticker was nearly $28k. It came with CPO 100k warranty. Everything is good so far.

·
Registered
24 Posts
So, now that we've gotten the math out of the way, here's our new focus, we absolutely love the car in every way so far.

Dealer Delivery Room

You have the EXACT same car my wife got about 9 months ago - pearl white 2016 Focus HB Titanium... she loves it, but now that it has 12k miles, the transmission is shuddering and grinding... dealer said it's "normal"

·
Registered
94 Posts

Dealer Delivery Room

You have the EXACT same car my wife got about 9 months ago - pearl white 2016 Focus HB Titanium... she loves it, but now that it has 12k miles, the transmission is shuddering and grinding... dealer said it's "normal"
Toms tune fixed 95% my shuddering mess. Very occasionally it'll shudder but even then, it's nothing alarming whatsoever. Also his tune made the trans shift really quickly and more crisp.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Bought my son's 2016 SE Hatchback for $15,300. It was 10 months old with 18K Miles on the clock. It's sticker was nearly $28k. It came with CPO 100k warranty. Everything is good so far.

Congratulations on a great deal!!! Not sure how an SE was listed for $28k, but hopefully owner #1 didn't get hosed. My SEL (2012) was around $24k, but it was a fleet rental before it was mine, so they probably payed a lot less.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Can you afford a New 16/17
We have a 16 SE Hatchback 2.0 only cost $15,000 out the door
Sticker at $21,900 runs great but only have 2300 miles highway
Check the build date on the Window Sticker and find one that's been at the Dealer the longest that has what your looking for. Than bargain

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
2016 Titanium Update

08/15/2018 - Here's a little update to our 2016 Titanium.

My wife drives the wheels off the car, compiling 47,900 + miles on it since we got it, and so far, not a single issue, nothing. When driving the car in heavy traffic you might feel the slightest manual transmission clutch engagement sensation, but knowing the transmission is an electronically shifted manual anyway, it's never even raised an eyebrow on my head. She loves the car infinitely more than the 2014 Accord we traded in for it in every way, and the Sync 3 still has no equal, it's awesome.

I have had a situation where I had to sell my 2006 Mazda 3 to my sister's kid due to her wrecking her college car, so I purchased a 2012 Focus SEL a few weeks ago for myself. It's just about as loaded as her car minus the keyless entry and push button start. My car has some sensor and wheel bearing issues, but I go it so cheap, I'm willing to fix these on my dime.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts