Focus Fanatics Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Update

Soooo

I have done a couple things with my car as I am waiting for it warm up outside, but I am also going through the preventative measures to make sure nothing is going to fail.
In the last weeks I have done:
Oil Pan replace (other one has a pin hole rust)
Put a bullet antenna on
ORP went on
Oil Change

Things I need to do:
Shifter bushing and Shifter arm (Already bought)
Blinker switch replacement (10mins on 4/6/2017)
Brakes (B priority)
Shocks (B priority)

My next thing is, I have a couple rust spots starting. I got quoted about $400 a panel to have them repainted by a shop. It is the hatch and rockers.
I have a buddy who is certified to do body work and went to school for it, but hasnt done it in years, he said just buy the paint and come over
Or I have people offering to sell me a used hatch for $250 and rockers $300/set
Ideas on that?

Next thing;
tunes
I have Waynes tunes and Focus sport on an xcalbiber 2
Which do I run??? I want to do a Fernando or a Toms tune, but saving up

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,086 Posts
On the rockers...you can buy on RockAuto...but just be warned you have to cut and weld. To do it right anyway.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,086 Posts
The whole rocker. What are you talking about?

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

·
w/ my magic bag
29,455 Posts
Like Jeff mentioned above, need to cut the rocker panel out, grind & mock/fit the need rocker & weld, grind, fill w/ bondo, light skim coat, more sanding,blocking, guild coat, prime, sand & then paint. Really the best way vs using bondo to fill your rot & paint. It'll come back & bubble at you later. Like I mention a while ago, I'd be working on those rocker repairs 1st.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I was confused with the rockers, I thought you meant something else, I wasnt paying attention. Question! Could I just sand it, prime, and re paint? Some of the spots are just rock chips and some is rust?

Also, the tail lights, I like mine. I saw mine for the first time in the dark tonight, love them. Will post pics here soon

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Update:
Restored my headlights
Buffed, waxed, and did a detailing took a lot of swirls out of the paint.
Did the brakes with EBC green stuff pads
Replaced the shifter arm (I dont know what to call it)

I have a pile of parts waiting to be installed in my room right now:
Double Din Kenwood touch screen
Skar VD-8
180*Tstat
Locking Gas Cap
Rally Armour mudflaps
Brass fitting to go on the tranny so I dont have to hit it into Reverse (Thanks Matt*)
Orange SVT logo floormatts in MINT condition.

I am looking at some stuff with Tax return money trying to figure out though:
Wheels
Coil Overs
67MM throttle body
Cat back to sound well with my ORP
Another Tune to compliment my mods

·
Registered
76 Posts
@Humphrey $3500 :)

@Felixthecat Why the throttle body? and yeah I need new rockers :( trying to find some is a pain. And about the mods, someone at some point was running Waynes tunes :(
Dang, such a steal for the Euro version SVTF in good repair, mostly. Much better to have a great running and excellent interior car; gives you something to work on, but you can still drive/enjoy it. Whoohoo!!!!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Update:
Restored my headlights
Buffed, waxed, and did a detailing took a lot of swirls out of the paint.
Did the brakes with EBC green stuff pads
Replaced the shifter arm (I dont know what to call it)

I have a pile of parts waiting to be installed in my room right now:
Double Din Kenwood touch screen
Skar VD-8

Definitely get the CFM billet 67mm throttle body; so much better throttle action and crisper response...best upgrade I've done so far.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Welcome man! I'm looking to sell my 2003 SVT EAP also competition orange that has only 71K on the clock. I would say my interior is a 9.5/10 and the body is 9.5/10. We should meet up. I'm located in Oconomowoc, not far from you in Platteville.
I'm interested if you're selling/thinking of selling it. I've got an '03 Infra-red SVT ZX3 w/119K miles...had it since new and still runs like I would if my hair were on fire, but it sounds better than I would, lol.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts