·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Intrax 2" Supersport Drop

Eibach Pro-Dampers

Spring Compressor

Jack Stands

2hp and 4 gallons of compressor goodness.

They gave it to me for $10 because one of the little gold fittings was missing sweeet!

Impact Wrench

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
19 as of June 15th :) These were present to myself from me working so hard lol. My parents bought me a tool box full of wrenches, screwdrivers, and a battery-powered drill&drill bits. I just have to buy sockets now but I bought my dad a 90-piece hardened black steel husky pro socket set for father's day. I can borrow his until I buy my own. [thumb] [thumb]

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
haha I was so excited to buy the compressor. I justified it to my parents by demonstrating all the usefullness it has :-D

·
Registered
459 Posts
I just installed stock replacement set of SVT struts and shocks.
I did it in 2 weekends, first weeked rears, second weekend fronts.
If I had known that they make such simple yet efficient spring compressors I would of done the front's completly on my own.
However once they were off I took it to a local shop, owned by someone I know and they put the springs on the new set for 20$.
You probably payed more for the set :p
Either way, it will be a rewarding project, just be carefull , take your time and if you have any questions during the process, we'll be here ;)

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
all i got for my b-day was some socks....damn stupid fairy doesnt like me

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
haha.
Thanks portuga, yeah the manager at advanced auto parts told me to REALLY REALLY TAKE MY TIME.

·
GreyRice WOoT!
10,786 Posts
installing them aint to to bad, me and my did started with handwreches, and well yea, he opened his 40gal compressor and bam them spings compressd in about 2 minutes, and once i swapped em out he put them back in, and took a total of 45 min to do that rear, and front after airtools took about 1 hour to finnish. good luck on the install its very rewarding

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Happy birthday!!! won't you invite us to your party?? maybe be can get some of this!!!LOL

·
Registered
8,262 Posts
With the assistance of my diesel mechanic friend and his access to a complete shop, I was able to install the SVT kit on my Focus in about six hours total, it would've taken less time but we did some stupid things that ate up about an hour and my friend had to help his boss work on a small backhoe and front-end loader on and off throughout the install.

The install is pretty straightforward...the biggest problem I'd expect to run into would be the strut pinch bolts on the spindles, they can get pretty rusty over time. Even with the commercial air compressor they had at the shop and pro-level impact wrench my friend has it still took quite a bit of effort to get the driver's side bolt out.

And wait...I thought your Focus got totalled...did you buy these in preparation for your new one?

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Bought a new one last monday :) 2001 silver sedan with 44,000, there's no rust and the paint is beautiful. Runs like a dream. Just gotta buy some alto clutches and a FR torque converter now so that it can take a turbo.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts