·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ohh ya first performance mod coming up

·
It's been fun.......
3,042 Posts
hmmmmmmm, the picture on the brochure shows it with a lid covering the opening in the top. I wonder if that is being developed in conjuntion with the scoop...............j/k.

Do they sell a cover for the top?.........haven't ever seen one before except for the homemade ones.

Great choice.............congratulations and enjoy I know I love mine.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well i got it installed only took like 20 min. i bought it from denzillion here on the fourm. so its acully a used part but it looks damn good. here are the pics of it installed.

·
Registered
870 Posts
HAHAHA....lol

Are you going to do the extension for it? I recommend you do something to help direct air to that tube on the side...also, i cant tell if you have a hood liner on or not. If you do, take it off. I had tons of fiberglass in my filter.

check this out! http://www.myfordfocus.com/how-to/volant-svt.htm

I mean why just put a part on when you can get the most out of it?

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
no i dont have a hood liner. i liked the foam cover idea i might to it. i thought about doning something fot the second intake tube but i dont wanna have a dryer hose in there. its kinda the lazy way IMO. ill have to look more into what im going to do.

·
Registered
968 Posts
5speedZX3 said:
no i dont have a hood liner. i liked the foam cover idea i might to it. i thought about doning something fot the second intake tube but i dont wanna have a dryer hose in there. its kinda the lazy way IMO. ill have to look more into what im going to do.

If you don't want a dryer hose, you can buy a Ram-Scope from Volant now. Search in the Forum, I remembered seeing couple of times

·
Registered
227 Posts
5speedzx3 how do you have that AMP wire routed? It looks like its going through your quarter panel...

·
Registered
138 Posts
yea the volant has a special place in my heart ever since I got it. I love the design, the performance, and the sound! I can remember the first time i drove with it, i was like wait is that MY car that sounds like that, thats awesome! but yeah, good choice I think you'll love it[thumb]

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
focus4dr said:
5speedzx3 how do you have that AMP wire routed? It looks like its going through your quarter panel...
ya it goes in the fender then in the door jam there is a extra rubber body plug that i cut a hole into and ran it into the car right there. i didnt want to drill any holes into my firewall and the focus didnt have any extra gromlets in the firewall. so i found a path behind the fender to the door and into the interior. it works and it wasnt that hard to run..

1 - 19 of 19 Posts