Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9,476 Posts
well....I guess they finally added some kind of iPod adaptability from the factory.......

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
I have been wondering when that would be available, we have customers calling about something like that from time to time. If I am not mistaken, it does plug directly into the radio for best possible sound and there hasn't been an I-POD adapter for those vehicles until now. Well, universal ones but they are FM Modulated, the Trip Tunes piece is much better!

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Best part is it retails for less that either part of the PIE adapter...

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just fired off a e-mail to a local dealership about the part, I also mentioned i couldn't find a email on the ford accessory site. Hopefully by tomorrow I'll have more information about it.

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
um there s a thing called mp32car that plugs into the back of any deck and plugs up into your ipod and it puts all the settings into your radio so u control everythign from there it even shows the song info on your deck too. so this product is a little behind the times

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What I found out was, that the interals of the 06 are supposedly differnt than the 05, so it will not fit the 05.

^^^^if you have any more infor on the mp32car thing please post it. It'd be real nice if i had a website or something!

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok after being bounced around from the dealership to United Radio and then to SpeedoTach. I found a few things out....

SpeedoTach in Concord Cali, is the company whos does all the repairs for the 05 and 06 Radio Unit. Their number is (925)-691-4090 if you have a question about the radio unit.

The 05 and 06 units are pretty much the same, there is a slight difference in software and the 06 unit is considered to be a "hardier" unit.

They had no information regarding the trip tunes device...

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Please also note according to the Genuine Ford Accessory Website

"Additional vehicle applications coming soon!"

hopefully that mean us the 05 branch!

·
Registered
107 Posts
I was searching for more info on the trip tunes because my dealer had never even heard of it and I got this from a Mustang forum.
Im an authorized Ford accessories installer. I spoke to my supplier and they ordered these last week. Soon to be available. There talking $45-$50 dealer cost. I have the install manuals for them already. There only going to be available For the ranger, focus, and mustangs. As far as the install goes, it looks FM modulated to me. Power, ground, antenna plug, then 2 rca plugs, and another plug that goes to a switch that mounts in your glove compartment. Email me [email protected] if you want to see the .pdf file for the instructions.

BAD NEWS ON TRIPTUNES!!!!

Ruse is absolutely correct. He sent me the pdf file and I can confirm without a doubt that it is an FM modulator. For all those that were hoping that it was a sweet interface to the AUX input this is bad news because its not. I guess we will all have to wait for PIE to fix theirs."

heres the link to the forum :

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48851

so I guess thats that then...

·
Registered
2 Posts
2005 Ipod Interface with Control Found!

I found the following from Peripheral that appears to support the 2005 aux button AND gives full ipod control to the factory stereo - even the steering column controls and title display! I'm curious if anyone else has looked at this or tried it. Check it out. It's called the PXDP2. Here's the link:

http://www.discountcarstereo.com/detail.aspx?ID=968

What do you think?!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts