Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
The Librarian
13,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That's right...sometime between June 29th and July 5th...
If you happen to see a Sonic Blue SVT with MT plates
(Specialty plates - Glacier Nat Park with 1OF 392 on em)...
Give a honk and a wave, and I'll surely respond back. [;)]
Wish I had some time to arrange a visit with some of you, but we're going to be pretty busy.

Friday and Saturday: Birch Bay at my wife's folks' place.
Sunday: South Everett at my Mom's place.
Monday: Auburn at my Dad's.
Tuesday morning: We head back up the pass to my Sister and Brother in Law's cabin on Lake Cle Elum.

BTW,
Am I going to get hammered for my recent tint?
Got 20% on just the back 3 windows.
Nothing on the front two, nor the windshield.

Hope to at least get to wave at someone over there!

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
No I doubt you will get in any trouble about the tints.....I have 6% all the way around on my focus and havent had any trouble! I have been to Oregon and all the way up to Lake Chelan(western washington) with my tints and no trouble here!
-Ashley

·
Registered
165 Posts
it especially shouldn't be a problem since the passenger and driver side are not tinted.

welcome to the great northwest!

and have a safe trip!

·
The Librarian
13,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cool.
Didn't think it would be a problem, especially with the fronts not being done. [thumb]

welcome to the great northwest!
You mean, welcome back...[;)]
My wife and I lived there for 40 years (Edmonds, Everett, Enumclaw, Snohomish, Renton), then hit the road in 1999 for Helena.

·
Registered
341 Posts
When you roll from Everett to Auburn you could always stop in N. Seattle and give a holla, pm me I'll give ya a ph# I'll be at the tattoo shop that day. Hell i could even hook you up with a tattoo if ya have time. lol

·
The Librarian
13,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Appreciate the offer!
But I just don't think we're going to have the time.

Neither one of our Dads is doing well at all. [:(]
We're going to try to spend as much time with them as possible.

·
Registered
621 Posts
you won't get any guff for your tint. the only applicable laws regardless of state are for front driver/passenger windows and windshield only, as long as you have two properly operating sideview mirrors.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
State tint laws are only applicaple in the state your car is registered in....so if you are in a state that laws say maximum tint is 35%...but yours is 5% and your car is registered in another state...they can't ticket you.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I am sorry to hear about your dads. That stuff is no fun.

On a more upbeat note, you need to extend your vacation and join us for the track day here in Portland on the 10th. [:D] Always fun to have another SVTF to run the twisties with.

you know.. just tell the boss that you have some better things to do.... [driving]

·
2focusedracing
1,799 Posts
have a good, safe trip & I hope the parents are doing better. see ya sunday after you get back, for some racing.

·
The Librarian
13,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey, we made it back safe and sound. [:D]
Thanks for the "well wishes".

Was looking for fellow FF'rs, but alas, none to be found.
Gotta couple waves from some nice Foci in the area, but I don't think I ever saw another SVT.
Thought there were a few more than that running around there.
Would have loved to get together with some of you, but I guess I'll just have to plan another trip sometime for just that.

And...PIR does sound like fun, but as focusedaddiction mentioned, we've got a points event on July 9th in Great Falls.
Had to be back in time for that. [;)]

Sheesh, I forgot how lush and green everything is over there.
Kind of liked that, and the smell of the salt water in Birch Bay, but....you can keep the traffic.
Ahhh! Good thing I had driven in it before.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts