Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,

I've been a member for about 9 years, bought my current Focus from another member, but have never posted much. Well, I'm getting ready to sell my 2004 Sonic Blue SVT, but since I don't have 25 posts, I can't yet post it in the Buy - Sell -Trade forum.

So, I'm starting this thread to help get me there! Feel free to chime in with any questions/comments as I struggle to get to 25 whole posts!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Some Basic Info on my 2004 Sonic Blue SVT:

-3-door hatchback
-Bought from another member on here (see my post history)
-98k miles
-Runs Great
-I've averaged about 6,250 miles a year on it
-Looks...less than great: This car has lived the last few years on the streets. Paint chips, a few small dents, and a foggy headlight.
-Also, the hood is weird. Looks fine, works fine, but the plunger that pushes the hood up when you pop it doesn't work. That means you've gotta pull the hood lever while someone else pulls it up.
-Snow tires are on. Summer tires are not available, due to a well-timed flat in November, and the decision that it was time for new summer tires anyway.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So what is replacing the SVT?
The most metal car ever....NOTHING.

...seriously though, I barely drive any more. I live in Downtown Chicago, so parking can be a real pain in the ass. I walk to work. I walk to the grocery store. I take cabs or public transit to get most places in the city. So I'm going to get rid of my gas/insurance/maintenance costs, get a ZipCar membership with no monthly fee for the times that I need a car (sidenote: the closest zipcar to me is, you guessed it, a Focus), and start saving now for a new car when I eventually live somewhere with a garage.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Made it to 25! Now I have to wait up to 24 hours to be able to post in the buy-sell-trade area!

Hooray.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Vaboom's old car!

Was the timing belt ever done on it?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Vaboom's old car!

Was the timing belt ever done on it?
The spirit of Vaboom lives on! He was a great dude to meet. I wish I could say that I took as meticulous care of the car as he did, but hey, I'm not a diesel mechanic!

Never did the timing belt. In fact, you just got me to read through Vaboom's whole post again! I had forgotten about it, and it's just never come up.

·
So mote be it
8,950 Posts
you will need to get pictures hosted on a site like flickr, imgur, photobucket. The use the link that ends with .jpg and separate the link between
tags

Just quote this post and see this below code:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Welp, I've sold my SVT! I really wish I was in a different position and had the patience to wait so that I could sell it to another forum member, but such is life. In the end, I sold it to CarMax, who gave me a very reasonable offer. Quite honestly, it was a really good experience, which is in line with what other people have told me about buying/selling cars with them.

Anyways, I wanted to thank everyone on this thread for their interest and help in getting me enough posts to put my car up for sale on here. And in a larger sense, to thank the Focus Fanatics site for years of information, how-tos, guides, pictures, and overall enthusiasm for the last 9 years. Even as a long long long time lurker, I've really enjoyed the site and forums.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that all this money I hope to save by going car-less will allow me to buy the Focus of my dreams when the time is right!

-Danny!
aka KonamiCode

1 - 13 of 13 Posts