Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
aka The Wizard
8,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well im planning on getting an OBX long tube, a Borla, and a Powerworsks SC all in the near future.

for the OBx, if i move to a state that actually has emissions tests (i.e. CA) is there any way i could rig up a cat?? even if its just to get the emissions test done....

is it possible?? could it replace the resonator??

thanks in advance

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
ppl have claimed to do so in the past, i would recomend the SVT header and hi flow cat though

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
you wont pass, you cant move the location of the cat, if htey do some sort of visual inspection

You will pass the sniffer though.

hell, i know people who passed the sniffer with NO cat....

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
With the OBX long tube header you will not be able to fit a cat to it. The thing
goes right to the flex pipe so even if you were to get a cat on there it would be
useless since it is so far away from the exhaust ports on the head. It will not
be able to heat up properly and do its intended purpose. If you are going to
need a cat for emissions then your best bet for a long tube header will be the
SVT header. Or of course a shorty header.

·
aka The Wizard
8,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mkay.
i currently dont have to do any emissions testing so i should be ok, but how often do you have to get tested for emissions in CA? i plan on going there to college. depending on how often i have to get an emissions test, i might just keep all the OEM equipment. and throw it on when the time comes.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Are you going to CA to live or just for school? Usually a state doesn't consider you to be a resident there when you are going there just for college. So, as long as you are in school in CA. You can keep your current state as your permanent residence and thus not have to submit to CA's emission test.

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
doesnt mean the cops wont harass you though

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
SuperFocusMan said:
With the OBX long tube header you will not be able to fit a cat to it. The thing
goes right to the flex pipe so even if you were to get a cat on there it would be
useless since it is so far away from the exhaust ports on the head. It will not
be able to heat up properly and do its intended purpose. If you are going to
need a cat for emissions then your best bet for a long tube header will be the
SVT header. Or of course a shorty header.

I's reccommend a SVT header anyway, it's one of the best out there.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
yeah i would definitely go the svt header r/t route. as for passing emissions testing. i don't know if you have places like speedy, but i would try to go to a place like that. or get to know someone that does the tests well enough that he will let you pass.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts